User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Timalay
(experienced) Sun 28-Oct-12 17:14:50
Print Post

Current Plusnet FTTC router

[link to this post]

I've been reading online, and seems that a lot of people have been having problems with the current plusnet FTTC router. Anybody have good things to say about it?
Standard User linuxkid
(newbie) Sun 28-Oct-12 17:40:23
Print Post

Re: Current Plusnet FTTC router

[re: Timalay] [link to this post]

No issues here I have been using them on the 80/20 service and using the router and BT Openreach router and it is all good thanks Plusnet ..!

Standard User Timalay
(experienced) Sun 28-Oct-12 21:03:32
Print Post

[re: linuxkid] [link to this post]

And is it that new model you have been using (the Technicolor TG582n, I think)?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User StuB
(committed) Sun 28-Oct-12 23:49:18
Print Post

I've been using the TG582n and it seems to be quite reliable and work well with the exception of the wifi which is average at best.

What I have found is that the orientation of the router seems to make quite a difference to the wifi performance, as little as rotating by 90 degrees can half the signal strength.
Standard User linuxkid
(newbie) Mon 29-Oct-12 10:19:35
Print Post

In reply to a post by Timalay:
And is it that new model you have been using (the Technicolor TG582n, I think)?

Yes .. and the Technicolor TG582n has been very stable for me I was told that I would only get 56 mb/s but in fact I get more...!

I would normally attempt to see if I could get more out of the router or use another but there does not seem to be any point in this case as my thinking is that I am getting almost the full amount using plusnets own router with the default settings so why mess with it ?? of would could be less ?

Edited by linuxkid (Mon 29-Oct-12 10:20:23)

Standard User NuttyMucker
(member) Mon 29-Oct-12 21:11:16
Print Post

Hi,

I have had a few issues with mine. I got a replacement one sent to me but it was just as bad. I had issues joing xbox live parties and found the game lagging all the time to the extent that play was impossible. Changed back to my Netgear WNR2000 and problem solved.

The Technicolour has ports already configured for xbox so I thought it was the firewall but it wasnt that either. Never did get to the bottom of it frown

However I find the service top notch and I am very happy that I moved across to them and treat the router as a minor issue.

Print Thread

Jump to