User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Tue 06-Nov-12 18:59:23
Print Post

Help please

[link to this post]

My connection has migrated and PN are telling me it hasn't.

I informed them yesterday that I had received a letter dated 31/10 claiming I hadn't given them a valid mac code and that I have a confirmation email saying they had received it on the 25/10. I asked if this was the reason my migration date had slipped from the 7/11 to the 13/11. The response told me they were well aware of my mac code and I need not worry.

Hey presto, no connection today and Martin at Aquiss responded immediately to inform me that their system showed the migration occurred today, 6/11. Very professional considering I am technically not his problem anymore. Plusnet have not yet responded to my ticket, raised at the same time.

My anger at this situation is not that it has happened, these things do, but at the fact that I clocked it yesterday and pre empted it. Very unimpressed Plusnet.

Can anyone tell me if I should set up my new plusnet router and try to connect, or better still could a rep contact me directly. I am currently struggling on poor 3G and an iPhone and would rather not sit in a phone queue for half an hour.

Thanks.
Standard User flippery
(member) Tue 06-Nov-12 19:20:55
Print Post

Re: Help please

[re: mrnelster] [link to this post]

Setup and install your new router. Request must have been made by Plusnet to Openreach for transfer, for Aquiss disconnect.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 06-Nov-12 20:12:37
Print Post

In reply to a post by mrnelster:
Can anyone tell me if I should set up my new plusnet router and try to connect ....
Why on earth haven't you done? Surely that would be the obvious first thing to try?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet Extra Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 52.9/14.2Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Tue 06-Nov-12 20:31:29
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

You mean other than the repeated instructions via text, mail and email, not to set it up until contacted by plusnet?

Thanks for the construtive reply.
Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Tue 06-Nov-12 20:32:37
Print Post

[re: flippery] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by flippery:
Setup and install your new router. Request must have been made by Plusnet to Openreach for transfer, for Aquiss disconnect.
I have and am now back online.

Thank you.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 06-Nov-12 21:01:42
Print Post

You mean other than the repeated instructions via text, mail and email, not to set it up until contacted by plusnet?
Yes, I meant exactly that. You did point out the invalidity of their "text, main and email" messages.
Maybe next time something similar happens to you, in any context - not just broadband, you may regard it as such. Equally, do not blindly follow that advice in other contexts.

Just think a little frown. As flippery did, and I did except he beat me to it.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.

Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Edited by RobertoS (Tue 06-Nov-12 21:02:32)

Standard User ultra
(experienced) Tue 06-Nov-12 21:17:02
Print Post

Can understand the frustration if the phone queue is that long.

Would probably have tried PN details in router (esp if Aquiss confirmed it was no longer with them) but understand that there's still some way to go for smooth transfers to work, and how one can be left in the dark for some time.

FWIW, when I moved (out of my old place on 22/12/11, to stay at sister's home for 2 weeks then go into hospital) and then to get into new home on 23/01/12, PN were in contact week in week out (because every 7 days the ticket system would pop it in someone's queue of jobs) where I had no way to even give them the number of the line I was getting in new home...

Primus didn't even tell me line was active (I was using Three dongle at the time to check all my mailboxes) but once I knew it was, and the number, PN moved swiftly (but again one gets no call from Openreach - which would really be a nice touch if they could be bothered) and the ISPs probably depend on some queue of messages coming back from Openreach to update status on thousands of lines each week/month, so the delay (between line having active broadband service possible, and ISP being told) are perhaps not PN's fault.

---

If you run a business, have a second ISP and backup web hosting...

1996? Enterprise (IoM 0345) + Clara.net
1998? Clara.net + Freeserve

2000 Freeserve 500kbps (+ Clara dial-up + Clara USENET/Mail)
2002 ? Eclipse 500 kbps + FS
2003 ? UKFSN 1000 kbps + Eclipse
2005 ? PlusNet 8 Mbps+ Eclipse
moved home - used office BB
2008 Three dongle at home
2010 PlusNet 2 Mbps + Three dongle
2012 PN 10 Mbps + Three (ZTE 802.11 router) + Three mobile (802.11 hotspot)
2013 PN 30? Mbps + VM 30+? Mbps + Three mobile
Standard User flippery
(member) Tue 06-Nov-12 21:19:27
Print Post

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Yes, I meant exactly that. You did point out the invalidity of their "text, main and email" messages.
Maybe next time something similar happens to you, in any context - not just broadband, you may regard it as such. Equally, do not blindly follow that advice in other contexts.

Just think a little frown. As flippery did, and I did except he beat me to it.

The thing is had Aquiss not contacted OP. The OP would have been unaware of reason for disconnection. As Plusnet was quoting 7th then 13th of Novenber. Then it happened on 6th.
Black mark for Plusnet IMO.
Should have had letter from Plusnet detailing what to do when, Seems to be sorely lacking in this case.
Good to see OP is back on line, just hope customer service matches Aquiss, doubrful though.
Standard User mrnelster
(knowledge is power) Tue 06-Nov-12 21:22:59
Print Post

I'm glad you think your post was constructive. Like I said, thanks for nothing.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 06-Nov-12 21:37:59
Print Post

[re: flippery] [link to this post]

But you would have done as I would, and as you advised the OP to do. Even before any contact from Aquiss. Note Aquiss "responded", so I presume he contacted them, not the other way round.

I see no reason why the OP didn't just try it. Simples!

But he thinks you are good, and I'm a pest. Such is life tongue.

If I'd replied before you, I would have posted much the same as you did. I don't see why he opened the thread. I could have understood a moaning post after he had successfully connected off his own bat.

I assume he only crosses the road when the green man is lit.
Edit - typo.

Edited by RobertoS (Tue 06-Nov-12 21:39:05)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to