User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User TLM
(legend) Tue 13-Nov-12 11:38:21
Print Post

Another question....

[link to this post]

Can existing broadband only customers wanting to switch to a phone AND broadband package still get the 9-month discount deal, or would I be paying full-price from Day 1, because I'm not a new customer?

Tina
ISP Representative thatadamwalker
(isp) Tue 13-Nov-12 15:54:53
Print Post

Re: Another question....

[re: TLM] [link to this post]

Hi there,

The 9 months for half price deal via Consumer Choices is only for customers that are new to Plusnet in general.

Adam Walker
Plusnet Support Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User TLM
(legend) Tue 13-Nov-12 16:36:42
Print Post

[re: thatadamwalker] [link to this post]

That's a pity, and will affect the equation. Thanks anyway though.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ultra
(experienced) Wed 14-Nov-12 15:03:02
Print Post

[re: thatadamwalker] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by thatadamwalker:
The 9 months for half price deal via Consumer Choices is only for customers that are new to Plusnet in general.

And the 5 quid for 3 months on Fibre and Voice - I assume the same frown

Bit of a kick in the teeth for someone wanting to upgrade from plain Extra on a phone line with rental paid to someone else, and doesn't really attract loyalty. I know that fiver deal ends soon (my exchange Fibre upgrade was put back from September to December) but for me, it affects the decision whether to stick with PN, though the ability switch to fibre is academic at present!

If it wasn't for the fact that I'd lose referrals and fixed IP, I'd transfer my broadband to someone else (eg Claranet) and start with a brand new account to qualify as a new customer.

Was also a bit puzzled - see Tina's other thread - about the inability to pay the year's line rental when placing the order. I'd be not only placing order for phone service, but on a brand new (my second) line, and wanting upgrade to Fibre at same time, so while I'd avoid the Fibre fee, I'd still pay the line setup (which is where the 45 quid saving on that fiver a month deal would make it both attractive and possible)...

No doubt it'd be fraught with problems to get a MAC and upgrade to Fibre though smile

---

If you run a business, have a second ISP and backup web hosting...

1996? Enterprise (IoM 0345) + Clara.net
1998? Clara.net + Freeserve

2000 Freeserve 500kbps (+ Clara dial-up + Clara USENET/Mail)
2002 ? Eclipse 500 kbps + FS
2003 ? UKFSN 1000 kbps + Eclipse
2005 ? PlusNet 8 Mbps+ Eclipse
moved home - used office BB
2008 Three dongle at home
2010 PlusNet 2 Mbps + Three dongle
2012 PN 10 Mbps + Three (ZTE 802.11 router) + Three mobile (802.11 hotspot)
2013 PN 30? Mbps + VM 30+? Mbps + Three mobile
Standard User brightd
(experienced) Wed 14-Nov-12 16:08:04
Print Post

[re: ultra] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ultra:
If it wasn't for the fact that I'd lose referrals

I also feel this is a kick in the teeth for long term customers. Do they want us to leave? Anyway, I thought that if you downgraded your account to a pay as you go account when you left you kept your referrals and they sent you a cheque each time that you had earned £5.

David

plusnet Broadband Extra customer
DrayTek Vigor 2830n
Standard User ultra
(experienced) Thu 15-Nov-12 01:27:04
Print Post

[re: brightd] [link to this post]

Think they'd prefer a BACS transfer, and yes, if you downgrade to PAYG you'd keep that (they put money in my account when I was in a house with no landline for a while), but then you'd not be a "new customer" so you would not be eligible for the types of discount on offer...

It was the idea that going to a new product, namely Fibre, on a brand new phone line (with rental paid to PN), but in the same house, was not eligible for the fiver a month deal, that annoyed me a bit, after several years with PN and adding the phone rental (because they have a value for money install price)

As I mentioned, 'academic' because the exchange wasn't sorted out in September (I've seen a new cabinet in a nearby street, however, so they are probably on course to sort it at the end of December - but there's not going to be many Openreach engineers happy to work in those weeks, with children off school and the Christmas / New Year celebrations, so doubt it will be possible to order anyway, until second week of January (!)

---

If you run a business, have a second ISP and backup web hosting...

1996? Enterprise (IoM 0345) + Clara.net
1998? Clara.net + Freeserve

2000 Freeserve 500kbps (+ Clara dial-up + Clara USENET/Mail)
2002 ? Eclipse 500 kbps + FS
2003 ? UKFSN 1000 kbps + Eclipse
2005 ? PlusNet 8 Mbps+ Eclipse
moved home - used office BB
2008 Three dongle at home
2010 PlusNet 2 Mbps + Three dongle
2012 PN 10 Mbps + Three (ZTE 802.11 router) + Three mobile (802.11 hotspot)
2013 PN 30? Mbps + VM 30+? Mbps + Three mobile
  Print Thread

Jump to