User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Senn
(newbie) Thu 15-Nov-12 20:00:35
Print Post

Migration to PlusNet Fibre from TalkTalk LLU

[link to this post]

Hello there! I've almost certainly decided to switch to Plusnet's fibre offerings once both my local FTTC cab has been switched on (come on Openreach wink), and my TalkTalk contract is up, which should be within a month or two.

I'm just curious about the procedure of getting my full LLU'd line reacquired into the BT network. Is this done by Plusnet if I make an order, or do I have to contact TalkTalk in some way? Also, does it cost any extra for this type of migration, or is it still included if I take a Plusnet phone service along with the fibre broadband?

Many thanks!
ISP Representative orbrey
(isp) Fri 16-Nov-12 16:05:52
Print Post

Re: Migration to PlusNet Fibre from TalkTalk LLU

[re: Senn] [link to this post]

Hi there,

We can do this for you if you wish, but it's also possible to get the line moved back to the BT network by any BT reseller. Having said that if you do ask us to do it and take a phone service from us at the same time you'll save the £50 installation fee for Fibre smile

Hope that helps explain.

Regards,

Matthew Taylor
Plusnet Customer Support
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User spraxyt
(regular) Fri 16-Nov-12 16:16:26
Print Post

[re: Senn] [link to this post]

With ADSL2+ and phone on full TT LLU my friend simply rang Plusnet Sales and ordered Plusnet broadband and phone, paid call plan, caller display and first month broadband charge by card and set up a DD, then paid for Line Rental Saver (online). Phone and broadband switch dates were supplied by email - a day apart. However the phone switch took place on the day advised with broadband ready shortly afterwards. No MAC involved in this case and the switch was painless

Rather than aiming to go directly to fibre my suggestion is to go for ADSL2+ first, then add fibre afterwards. With that approach I think there is less chance of downtime.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Senn
(newbie) Fri 16-Nov-12 20:01:45
Print Post

[re: orbrey] [link to this post]

That's great news, thanks. I'll be doing this once we're able to. I assume the only thing that can't be done is keeping the phone number? It was allocated by TT rather than brought over from the BT network. I believe this means a new number would be needed.

Thankfully it's a little used number so it's not too much of a problem to update family.
  Print Thread

Jump to