User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User TLM
(legend) Sun 02-Dec-12 20:26:24
Print Post

Got a broadband voicemail, but I don't use broadband phone!

[link to this post]

I've had an e-mail from Plusnet, saying I have a new broadband phone voicemail message.

My regular landline phone is supposed to migrate to PN tomorrow (from BT), so I suspect it has something to do with that, but I don't use "broadband phone" or voicemail.

I listened to the attached WAV file (no other way of listening, as I don't know my "registered New Broadband Phone email address and password" (I can take a guess at the email address, which I suppose must be the same one the message was sent to me on, but I've no idea of the password).

Anyway, when I played the WAV, there's no message at all, just a click. Was this folks testing something? And is PN aware that I'm only wishing to migrate my regular landline tomorrow, not switch to VoIP?

Starting to feel slightly worried now, although I gather VoIP is available as standard with all PN BB packages now, whether or not the customer intends to use it, so maybe just something to do with that?

Certainly baffled by voice messages to a BB phone No. I didn't want or know I had, though....

Tina
ISP Representative orbrey
(isp) Mon 03-Dec-12 15:47:11
Print Post

Re: Got a broadband voicemail, but I don't use broadband pho

[re: TLM] [link to this post]

Hi TLM,

I can see there is a broadband phone component on your account, I suspect the message you received was most likely a wrong number and isn't anything to worry about.

You should be able to cancel it if you wish, by logging into voip.plus.net - if you don't remember your details to log in to that then raise a ticket and our support team will get it cancelled for you.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Matthew Taylor
Plusnet Customer Support
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User TLM
(legend) Mon 03-Dec-12 16:41:11
Print Post

[re: orbrey] [link to this post]

Thanks Matthew,

I didn't specifically ask for it, but if I'm not paying any extra for it, I don't mind it just being there, but dormant. I suppose I might use it eventually - but no imminent plans.

It was just rather odd to get a voicemail to a service I didn't even know I had. And a spooky coincidence that it was so close to my landline migrating.

Looks like the two had nothing to do with each other, and you're probably right it was just a wrong number. I'm not being charged for anyone dialling it by accident, and getting through to voicemail, am I? If I can get charged for incoming calls as well as outgoing, then maybe I had better disable it, as I don't want to get charged for other folks' misdialling.

Tina

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

ISP Representative orbrey
(isp) Mon 03-Dec-12 16:59:54
Print Post

[re: TLM] [link to this post]

That is an odd coincidence indeed... but no, don't worry, it's not costing you anything smile

Regards,

Matthew Taylor
Plusnet Customer Support
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
  Print Thread

Jump to