User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Fri 14-Dec-12 23:31:45
Print Post

Plusnet to provide unlimited broadband

[link to this post]

Home broadband firm Plusnet is to free its customers from monthly download limits and will offer unlimited broadband access for the first time.

Until now the company has set download caps on its home broadband packages. But from Wednesday the Sheffield-based broadband company is allowing new and existing customers on its basic deal to upgrade to an unlimited service for an extra £4 a month.

The service will appeal to users making greater use of data-heavy services such as BBC iPlayer and other on-demand media applications. It will also be welcomed by those in rural areas who are more likely to only have two reasonably priced broadband options BT and Plusnet.

Plusnet will launch unlimited broadband on both copper and fibre products. Plusnet Unlimited will provide up to 16Mbps at £4.99 a month for the first 12 months for new customers who take its home phone package, and £9.99 thereafter.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________ this is not usenet __________________
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 15-Dec-12 00:40:59
Print Post

Re: Plusnet to provide unlimited broadband

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Good find. Thanks smile.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet Extra Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 54.0/14.9Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User timl
(member) Sat 15-Dec-12 07:57:37
Print Post

Where do I sign up! smile

Plusnet FTTC 80/20

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

ISP Representative bpullen
(isp) Sat 15-Dec-12 10:21:42
Print Post

[re: timl] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by timl:
Where do I sign up! smile

You can't until Wednesday tongue

Rgds,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Digital Care

Service Status :: RSS :: Email
http://twitter.com/plusnet
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User Corbula
(member) Sat 15-Dec-12 10:32:38
Print Post

[re: bpullen] [link to this post]

Isn't the unlimited FTTC package exactly the same as Extra fibre except with unlimited usage?

Can you say what will happen with traffic management?

Standard User kasg
(experienced) Sat 15-Dec-12 10:46:05
Print Post

[re: Corbula] [link to this post]

Why not just wait until Wednesday? I can't see the point of loads of questions and speculation before then.

Kevin

plusnet Extra Fibre (80/20)
Using OpenDNS
Domains and web hosting with TSOHOST
ISP Representative chrisparr
(isp) Sat 15-Dec-12 10:49:55
Print Post

[re: Corbula] [link to this post]

Different price points to Extra, the traffic management is different too due to guidelines on Unlimited that we have to follow. Full details on Wednesday.

Chris Parr
Plusnet Support Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User kasg
(experienced) Sat 15-Dec-12 12:26:13
Print Post

[re: kasg] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by kasg:
Why not just wait until Wednesday? I can't see the point of loads of questions and speculation before then.

OK, questions and speculation over here and more information here!

Kevin

plusnet Extra Fibre (80/20)
Using OpenDNS
Domains and web hosting with TSOHOST
Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Sat 15-Dec-12 12:48:50
Print Post

I guess the "soft launch" of Plusnet ADSL2+ Unlimited at John Lewis Broadband went ok. Good to see fibre join the unlimited mix.

A few inaccuracies in the article though. E.g. "Plusnet ... will offer unlimited broadband access for the first time". Hmm, wrong: http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/archi...

Oliver.
Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Sat 15-Dec-12 13:06:38
Print Post

[re: chrisparr] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by chrisparr:
Different price points to Extra, the traffic management is different too due to guidelines on Unlimited that we have to follow. Full details on Wednesday.

It says Market 1 non-contract Essentials is £15.49. Does this make it more expensive than Value which is £12.99, or have I mis-understood the meaning of "non-contract"?

Oliver.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to