User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User shalom2005
(member) Tue 18-Dec-12 09:34:35
Print Post

Has Anyone here moved from BE to PlusNet??

[link to this post]

Hi

Next year I will seriously consider moving to PlusNet from BE. The main reason of course is the Unlimited PlusNet (my line can support 62 Meg, compared to the 18 I get now, for an extra £2 per month).

Has anyone moved over to PlusNet in the last year? If so, how is the service compared to BE. My concerns are service reliability + the helpdesk (although I've rarely sought advice from BE).

Best Regards

Steven, Chigwell, Essex

Download Speed: 19.707
Upload Speed: 1.425
Standard User timl
(member) Tue 18-Dec-12 13:44:36
Print Post

Re: Has Anyone here moved from BE to PlusNet??

[re: shalom2005] [link to this post]

Hi shalom2005,

I moved from Be to Plusnet FTTC last month (Nov) (connected at the beginning of this month) so obviously I can only comment on the 3 weeks I've had service.

The Plusnet servicedesk has been helpful on every occasion I've had to contact them, plus some of their support team also patrol these, as well as their own, forums offering constructive help and advice. I haven't had any outtages or reliability issues in fact the complete opposite.

I definitely didn't want to leave BE and if they'd had an FTTC service I might have stayed. In the end I'm glad I switched.

Thanks
Tim

Plusnet FTTC 80/20
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 18-Dec-12 14:07:22
Print Post

[re: shalom2005] [link to this post]

My move was Feb 2011 from O2 LLU, (I assume you know that is the same underlying service as Be), to IDNet FTTC 40/10, (80/20 didn't exist at that time), and in Feb this year to Plusnet FTTC 40/2 as that was all they did. That was before both O2 and Be started getting so many network compliants.

After a while I joined their 80/20 trial and when the product was officially announced I upgraded to it. (The trial was at the 40/2 price but the full product meant paying the proper price).

I'm now in month 11 of my 18-month minimum term. Before the start of month 12 I shall upgrade to Unlimited, so tieing myself in for the full 18 months again.

I think that speaks for itself?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet Extra Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 54.0/14.9Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User timl
(member) Tue 18-Dec-12 15:59:47
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Before the start of month 12 I shall upgrade to Unlimited, so tieing myself in for the full 18 months again.

I think that speaks for itself?
Me too! But RobertoS I thought you didn't use your connection that much!

Plusnet FTTC 80/20
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 18-Dec-12 18:40:33
Print Post

[re: timl] [link to this post]

8GB pm total of peak & offpeak, but things could easily change. If they do, from what posters say here there seem to be lots of ways now, and more coming, that 250GB peak could be swallowed up. So I might as well minimise my tie-in time, rather than complete the eighteen months and find soon after I have to do another 18.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet Extra Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 54.0/14.9Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User robertdelamare
(newbie) Tue 18-Dec-12 20:10:39
Print Post

[re: timl] [link to this post]

I second that.
Standard User shalom2005
(member) Wed 19-Dec-12 07:25:17
Print Post

[re: robertdelamare] [link to this post]

Many thanks for the comments. I'll wait until mid January to make a decision and monitor http://community.plus.net/forum & http://usergroup.plus.net/forum/

Best Regards

Steven, Chigwell, Essex

http://speedtest.net/result/2024825798.png

Download Speed: 19.707
Upload Speed: 1.425
  Print Thread

Jump to