User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User divadp
(newbie) Tue 18-Dec-12 19:52:55
Print Post

Long time Plusnet MAF customer having domain problems

[link to this post]

I joined MAF ages ago, lured by the free domain.

I stayed with them because the service and price (with a bit of haggling) was OK and because I liked the domain email.

When I changed from MAF to Plusnet (the same company) it was a bit of a trial but eventually the sales dept, accounts, and technical sorted it out. Or so I thought!

Out of the blue now I find out that I have to pay £50 to renew the domain fro 2 years - which I can do for considerably less elsewhere. Nobody told me this when I signed up and it was agreed to move my domain to Plusnet from MAF. To be fair this is being addressed.

Now (through my fault) my domain became detached and although I was told it would take 72 hours to fix it wasn't. At present nobody knows when it will be fixed due to issues at their end. They can't even say if it will be days or weeks.

I really like plusnet and I suspect BT and Talk Talk would be no better overall however my patience is really being tested. It really is unacceptable these days to have a long disruption to email or to be able to manage Domains efficiently and cheaply. I couldn't recommend Plusnet to anyone in business or for whom continuity of service is important since they clearly put no priority on this issue.

I really want to stay a customer but I feel very frustrated that nobody is explaining the issue and there seems no urgency and no process for escalating my complaints.

Is anyone else suffering problems getting work done on their domains?

Is anyone at Plusnet monitoring this and able to help?
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 19-Dec-12 18:52:33
Print Post

Re: Long time Plusnet MAF customer having domain problems

[re: divadp] [link to this post]

Welcome to the forums.

I've sent you a PM - the small flashing envelope next to "Forum Index" in the menu bar.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet Extra Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 54.0/14.9Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
  Print Thread

Jump to