User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Corbula
(member) Wed 19-Dec-12 16:20:03
Print Post

Differences between Fibre extra and fibre unlimited

[link to this post]

Ok, so to keep it simple without reading through 10 pages in the other thread.

I signed up to plusnet fibre extra about a month ago. I'm i right in saying that the only difference between the two packages is the usage and p2p isn't slowed down between 8pm-10pm.

Is their anything else?

Standard User Oldjim
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 19-Dec-12 16:51:25
Print Post

Re: Differences between Fibre extra and fibre unlimited

[re: Corbula] [link to this post]

you start a new 18 month contract
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 19-Dec-12 18:06:40
Print Post

On upgrade you should keep your fixed IP address, but there is a small chance you will lose it. If that happens they will assign another FOC, but probably a different one.

Are you on any introductory deal? Wait until the end of that or you lose the discount. It's OK to trigger the upgrade during the final month of the deal, as it takes place on the next billing day.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet Extra Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 54.0/14.9Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Corbula
(member) Wed 19-Dec-12 19:36:59
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I've not got a fixed IP, i.e. i don't pay for a static ip.

I'm on the £5 a month deal for 3 months. I know about the fact you will lose that if i change. My plan was to change once my introduction offer was running out i just want to make sure the only difference was the usage.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 19-Dec-12 22:19:52
Print Post

Yes.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.

Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User Corbula
(member) Sun 23-Dec-12 22:10:55
Print Post

Ok, so the second bill has come in for the 3months at £5 offer. I'm i right in saying that i can change the package anytime in January before the 3rd and final bill of the offer so i still get the discounts and the change of package won't happen until the 3rd bill comes in, around this time in January?

Standard User Oldjim
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 23-Dec-12 22:46:45
Print Post

Nope
The reason for saying that is that the broadband part is paid in advance
I changed over to Unlimited today and my bill is showing £9.99 for unlimited broadband
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 23-Dec-12 22:55:17
Print Post

That doesn't sound right to me.

You have a discount off three bills. You have to pay those three bills. After you have paid the third bill you can do the upgrade, which will take place on the day of your fourth bill. The first bill was right at the start, when you signed up. I assume you are including that in your count? If you aren't then yes, you have it right. If you are including the signup bill in your count, you have it wrong.

Do you get anywhere near your 250GB peak allowance? Does your off-peak plus peak exceed 250GB? If not, what's the hurry.

From a totally different perspective, how much do you spend on alcohol, going out, other entertainment in general each week? And extrapolating from that, each month?

What's a one-off fiver in proportion to that? So if there's a hurry ....

Edited by RobertoS (Sun 23-Dec-12 22:58:35)

Standard User Corbula
(member) Mon 24-Dec-12 11:30:14
Print Post

I was including the initial bill. There's the initial bill, this second bill that has just come in, the third in January. So I have to wait until after the third bill to upgrade which wouldn't take place until February?

Usage isn't a problem at the moment although I will have to kept an eye on it a over Christmas. Wanted to do it quickly so it only extends my contract by a couple of months. Money isn't really an issue just wanted to get the discounts.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 24-Dec-12 12:03:19
Print Post

In reply to a post by Corbula:
I was including the initial bill. There's the initial bill, this second bill that has just come in, the third in January. So I have to wait until after the third bill to upgrade which wouldn't take place until February? ... Money isn't really an issue just wanted to get the discounts.
'Fraid so.

Print Thread

Jump to