User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User brianjn
(member) Wed 19-Dec-12 21:35:22
Print Post

BT fibre modem

[link to this post]

Is it possible to login to the modem supplied by BT when they install fibre to check connection stats, if so can someone please tell me how to.

Thanks in advance for your help and advice
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 19-Dec-12 22:11:22
Print Post

Re: BT fibre modem

[re: brianjn] [link to this post]

If it is a Huawei it is easy. If it's an ECI possible but a lot less easy.

In both cases don't try until you've had it connected for 3 days or so, just to be safe.

http://huaweihg612hacking.wordpress.com/

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet Extra Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 54.0/14.9Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User brianjn
(member) Wed 19-Dec-12 22:44:54
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Thanks for the quick response, just checked and I've the ECI Modem and reading the hacking page I don't think I'll even try. The thought of having to use a soldering iron to PCI board or the other method of buying a connector and using a cloths-peg to hold in place seems a bit drastic for starters just to get a connection before you start the hacking process. I seems a very easy way to end up with a bricked modem just to get line stats.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Wed 19-Dec-12 23:02:49
Print Post

[re: brianjn] [link to this post]

You could buy an unlocked modem from Ebay as a spare. They are often available. Or even buy a HG612 or HG610 and unlock it yourself.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________ this is not usenet __________________
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 20-Dec-12 09:58:30
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

I don't think I'd fancy an unlocked Openreach logo'ed ECI from eBay. I'd be worried it was dodgy as a result of the unlocking. I agree with any of the Huawei options.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet Extra Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 54.0/14.9Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User timl
(member) Thu 20-Dec-12 12:33:48
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

I have an ECI modem and CAB and I've just bought an HG612 on Ebay (still locked) as a spare. The ECI one is behaving really well but just in case (and of course to see the stats)

Plusnet FTTC 80/20
  Print Thread

Jump to