User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User djmaniak777
(newbie) Sat 22-Dec-12 13:50:16
Print Post

Fibre lead times.

[link to this post]

im thinking of moving to plusnet fibre and wondered how long that the process might take?
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sat 22-Dec-12 13:57:21
Print Post

Re: Fibre lead times.

[re: djmaniak777] [link to this post]

Is that a new install?
Do you have a BT line currently?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________ this is not usenet __________________
Standard User djmaniak777
(newbie) Sat 22-Dec-12 14:33:48
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

i have a bt phone line and be internet.
it will be fibre only from plusnet and it will be a new fibre install.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sat 22-Dec-12 15:09:36
Print Post

Well, that should be quite quick then, although I hear dates in February being bandied around.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________ this is not usenet __________________
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 22-Dec-12 17:25:25
Print Post

You can go into the Plusnet ordering system and see what dates it offers. Apparently you get a few. A couple of days ago someone got 31 Dec (this year!) and someone else got 1 Jan.

I don't know if those were later confirmed, but it does mean there were slots available on the Openreach schedule.

Don't forget TopCashBack and Quidco for the real ordering go, but clear cookies first.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet Extra Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 54.0/14.9Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User Capvermell
(committed) Fri 28-Dec-12 12:41:21
Print Post

In reply to a post by djmaniak777:
im thinking of moving to plusnet fibre and wondered how long that the process might take?

Earliest date offered today (28th December) for a fibre install by Plusnet on an existing BT line (the new order would be for Plusnet phone and fibre) is 22nd January as phone and fibre gives a 50% discount on the fibre for the first six months. I did not complete the order. Just went through to the point where a number of dates were offered. However this exchange only went live for FTTC in mid November so there is bound to be a slightlty longer than usual waiting period at this stage.

As Be Unlimited also requires a month's notice this is not an issue. Would just for for the first date that Be says they can accept cancellation without any loss of pre paid broadband rental.

Edited by Capvermell (Fri 28-Dec-12 13:14:51)

Standard User shalom2005
(member) Fri 28-Dec-12 13:24:01
Print Post

[re: Capvermell] [link to this post]

I can confirm this. I have have placed an order today from BE to Plusnet Unlimited Fibre. I was originally given a provisional date of 14th January AM, this has now been changed to 22nd January AM - again provisional date to be confirmed. I'll put my experiences on a separate thread, if appropriate.

Best Regards

Steven, Chigwell, Essex

Download Speed: 19.707
Upload Speed: 1.425
Standard User bluefish2303
(committed) Sat 29-Dec-12 00:05:50
Print Post

[re: shalom2005] [link to this post]

I placed my order on the 26th of December having waited a week before using my O2 MAC; I was offered (and took) a 2nd of January pm slot for fibre installation (I too have a BT line and will be taking calls from Plusnet).

Got emails and texts today saying that this had been put back to a 7th of January pm slot (provisional). When I looked at the 'Question' on the Plusnet Help Assistant system it transpires my original order had been (auto?) cancelled on the 26th about 2 and a half hours after I received confirmation. Hope this does not give me (more) problems with cashback: it has already tracked but with the wrong amount...

bluefish on O2
O2 Technicolor
  Print Thread

Jump to