User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User drphibes
(member) Mon 24-Dec-12 01:40:58
Print Post

New years day activation ?

[link to this post]

Hi

I am in the process of migrating over to Plusnet and have been given the date of 1st January for my migration to be complete. Do Bt work on new years day or has the Plusnet system got my date slightly wrong ?

Thanks
Standard User techguy
(committed) Mon 24-Dec-12 08:44:42
Print Post

Re: New years day activation ?

[re: drphibes] [link to this post]

If you are already on a BT Wholesale based provider than I believe the process is automated so yes you may well be activated then, however, if you are moving from an LLU connection such as Sky or this is the first time you've had broadband on the line it might be the next day as physical work is required at the exchange to connect you.

Virgin (ADSL) => Namesco => Newnet => O2 => Plusnet => Zen => Newnet => Zen => Freeola => Vivaciti (using O2 Wholesale DSL) => Xilo (C&W Wholesale) => Xilo (Be Wholesale)
Note: I don't lay turf for anyone. astro or otherwise, all views and opinions expressed are my own based on experience.
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Mon 24-Dec-12 11:23:39
Print Post

If the migration will require a openreach engineer to carry out work in the exchange then a definate no, & could be the 3rd Jan 13 or later before that would get done
if you are migrating from LLU be it partial (adsl only) or full (phon line &adsl)

As said if the migration is within BT Wholesale (resold bt product) then it may go though as per the date given excluding new FTTC fibre instals

Edited by tommy45 (Mon 24-Dec-12 11:26:04)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User drphibes
(member) Mon 24-Dec-12 11:33:57
Print Post

[re: techguy] [link to this post]

Hi

I am indeed already on a BT product at my local exhcange and I am just moving from ADSL upto 8meg over to Plusnets regular ADSL.
Touch wood it will go through automatically.

Thanks
Standard User Oldjim
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 24-Dec-12 12:03:56
Print Post

You might find that you are moved over on a like for like basis - up to 8Mb. In which case it would need to be changed after transfer (that is quite easy) unless you are stuck on a 20CN exchange
ISP Representative KellyD
(isp) Mon 24-Dec-12 13:34:35
Print Post

[re: Oldjim] [link to this post]

If you see your broadband light on the router go solid green, that means your line is ready. You could then give us a call, let us know the light is in and we should be able to activate your account before we get the message from BT to say the work is done.

Kelly Dorset
Plusnet
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 24-Dec-12 17:15:26
Print Post

[re: KellyD] [link to this post]

Ummmm tongue.

It is often the case that for a period a user can access both his old and new ISPs' systems. Only the username and password details entered determine which.

The fact that there is sync with the exchange doesn't really mean much except on an new connection rather than a migration.

We even get people complaining here that they are still on their old ISP hours after they expected to have migrated. Simply swapping their login details (or router) puts them on the new one. Swapping them back reverts them to a working connection on the old one.

I believe it is to do with the updating of the various BT databases having an overlap period for the routing to the two ISPs' radius servers.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet Extra Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 54.0/14.9Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
  Print Thread

Jump to