User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User WelshWArrior
(experienced) Sat 29-Dec-12 14:47:14
Print Post

Broadband Quality Monitor Broken since upgrade to Unlimited

[link to this post]

Hi all

Just wanted to make people aware that when you upgrade to Unlimited, you'll lose your static IP Address (assuming you have one that is!)

I wasn't aware this would happen and currently have a ticket awaiting an answer. I don't remember being made aware of this when I opted to upgrade but perhaps I skipped over this in my excitement!!

In my control panel this is no option to add on the static IP even though in the FAQs it says there should be.

Any CS reps fancy taking a look please? Ticket number is: #63877753

Thanks

Edited by WelshWArrior (Sat 29-Dec-12 14:54:30)

Standard User nuke_me
(committed) Sat 29-Dec-12 17:38:38
Print Post

Re: Broadband Quality Monitor Broken since upgrade to Unlimi

[re: WelshWArrior] [link to this post]

Well i've been thinking of moving to plusnet unlimited fiber in the new year, but i need a static ip, so i would be very interested in the out come of your ip problem.

eclipse internet
(experienced) Sat 29-Dec-12 17:44:59
Print Post

[re: nuke_me] [link to this post]

I'll definitely post the outcome here. I've got the monitor working again in the meantime but as soon as I restart my router, I lose the static IP and have to set it up again.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User JPB
(member) Sat 29-Dec-12 18:12:52
Print Post

In reply to a post by WelshWArrior:
I'll definitely post the outcome here. I've got the monitor working again in the meantime but as soon as I restart my router, I lose the static IP and have to set it up again.

You have probably seen this already, but the FAQ on the Plusnet site says:
I have a static IP address, will I keep this if I request an account change?
Yes, although in a small number of cases we will need to assign you a new IP address.

If you haven't seen it the link is: here.

I'll be interested to hear how you get on since I have requested a change to Unlimited too and currently have a static IP address...

Judy
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 29-Dec-12 18:49:00
Print Post

In reply to a post by WelshWArrior:
Because it isn't static! Or did you mean when you restart your router you lose the BQM? Which is to be expected.

Your option to add a static IP address won't be there because the system thinks you have one. Only another part of the system has lost it. The response to your ticket should be to assign you a new one, free.

Incidentally, how often do you restart your router and why?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet Extra Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 54.0/14.9Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
ISP Representative KellyD
(isp) Sat 29-Dec-12 18:55:05
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I believe we might have an issue with the static IP add on atm which is why some people have ended up on dynamics. I'll check when I'm back in on Wednesday.

Don't worry though, the products will support a static ip. (eventually!)

Kelly Dorset
Plusnet
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 29-Dec-12 19:16:34
Print Post

[re: KellyD] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by KellyD:
I believe we might have an issue with the static IP add on atm which is why some people have ended up on dynamics. I'll check when I'm back in on Wednesday.
???
Are you saying there is nobody in a Plusnet who can reinstate a static IP address for him until Wednesday?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.

Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
(experienced) Sat 29-Dec-12 19:25:45
Print Post

Sorry yes I meant I lose the current IP and have to setup the monitor again.

My line gets a lot if errors after say 3-4 days (into the billions) and then I get lots of latency so tend to restart every 4 or 5 days.

ISP Representative KellyD
(isp) Sat 29-Dec-12 19:27:55
Print Post

No, it's to do with the ip being removed on account change. Someone should be able to sort over the phone (I believe)

Kelly Dorset
Plusnet
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 29-Dec-12 19:31:17
Print Post

[re: KellyD] [link to this post]

Quite smile. Maybe he should ring. It's quite understandable, (at least in my opinion), that ticket response may be slow at the moment.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to