I live in West London, and can give the following comments:
- I am probably between 75-150m from the fibre cabinet, not sure on the exact details as it is at the top of the next street, and not sure how it has all been wired up. I am currently on the up to 40Mb service and get about 25-27Mb plus (been a while since i have speed tested the connection). speeds stay relatively stable, although I only perform p2p usage in the off-peak times and never during peak.
- Overall, very reliable service for me. The only issues I have had have been related to:
- faulty hardware (ADSL router/modem failure, and Fibre modem failure - this was replaced by a BTOR engineer)
- BT outage (entire phone line down)
- I had one instance of a very slow connection back in late 2002/early 2003, but that was apparently a DDOS attack pointed towards my static ip, which was quickly resolved by plusnet before I had even had a chance to raise a ticket to them.
!Speeds during traffic management
- As before I usually keep p2p to off-peak times (am on legacy product atm so off-peak is midnight-1600 for me). the p2p speeds for me during off-peak are usually quite high. On the odd occasion where I have had to use it during peak times it does slow down considerably.
- web surfing/youtube style streaming have always been ok, both in peak and off-peak times
- I have sometimes had issues with BBC iplayer on my ps3 in the evenings with slow connection and long buffering times, making it difficult to stream shows. Not sure if this was down to plusnet or wifi connection on ps3 though.
!Major problems (if you had any)
- Most problems as listed under reliability, so mostly issues outside of their control.
- Any ticket raised for non-urgent issues via their portal have always been answered within 24 hours for me.
EDIT: I am changing to Fibre Unlimited at my next bill date (17th this month) - so my experiences may be changing soon.. I will try and give another comment then (if you still need one)
Plusnet Premier option 1
Edited by desiguk (Fri 04-Jan-13 16:22:38)