User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User flimbo
(member) Wed 16-Jan-13 12:47:43
Print Post

Plusnet is a joke

[link to this post]

Plusnet is a joke!
I am not with Plusnet but my elderly father signed up to the fibre optic service in November 2012. Ever since then he has been beset by problems that to this day have still not been resolved. Their customer support is pathetic and ticketing system useless.
He was promised 28mbps but since day 1 has never had higher than 11mbps. He gets multiple daily disconnections. Since install all the extension phones stopped ringing and last week his email and domain went down.
Several BT engineers have been sent out to rectify the slow speed/disconnections and phones not ringing. Hours were spent looking at the wiring and cabinet and the BT engineers couldn't find anything. One even said that hardwired phones don't work with fibre optic and to live with it. Shortly after the "phones not ringing problem" was fixed by a different engineer. The guy before obviously hadn't a clue. the latest engineer plugged a meter into the phone socket and said it registered at 28mbps and can't see what the problem is.
My father has sent numerous tickets to Plusnet, many going unanswered for days and spent hours hanging on the phone to customer service. The latest advice from telephone support was to try it hardwired which he has now done, noticing no difference.
Last week both my parents email went down completely. All email sent to them gets bounced with DNS error Domain name not found. Another phonecall to Plusnet yesterday and they said it had been cancelled and untagged but would be sorted within half an hour. Today - still not working.
So to sum it all up - slow internet with constant disconnections and no email which is now even worse than it was initially. Plusnet don't seem to care a long as they get their money.
Is my father able to cancel out of this 12/18 month contract? As it stands the "service" they are providing is ridiculous!
ISP Representative chrisparr
(isp) Wed 16-Jan-13 15:18:19
Print Post

Re: Plusnet is a joke

[re: flimbo] [link to this post]

Hi Flimbo

Sorry to hear of the poor experience you've received, I'm happy to get one of the team to pick this up and keep you/your father updated with progress and try to resolve the issue as soon as possible.

If you can PM me your father's username I'll pass it on and get someone to get in touch.

Chris Parr
Plusnet Support Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User flimbo
(member) Wed 16-Jan-13 17:52:59
Print Post

[re: chrisparr] [link to this post]

Thanks but it's already ongoing and wouldn't want to confuse things even more than they already are.
After phoning Plusnet today they said line is still dropping out (6 times today) and are getting BT to come out again tomorrow morning. They last came out on Monday and couldn't find anything wrong then so who knows what they'll do tomorrow, if anything. And another phonecall to Plusnet today revealed they had cancelled his personal email and domain last week for reasons unknown, even though they guaranteed they could transfer it across from Madasafish before he signed up.
Beyond a joke now.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Wed 16-Jan-13 18:48:40
Print Post

By leaving things as they are you will continue to be dealing with a different person each time you make contact. Get Chris involved and you'll have ONE person keeping an oversight on what's happening and that person will be far more experienced than the usual people that you deal with.

Your choice - but if you do decide to leave things as they are don't come back moaning on here if things don't progress when you've had the chance to get the issue given special attention!

jelv

Plusnet user since November 2001
Standard User flimbo
(member) Wed 16-Jan-13 19:17:05
Print Post

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

We'll see what happens with the BT engineer tomorrow morning. If still no progress then I will take Chris up on his kind offer of help.
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Wed 16-Jan-13 19:20:38
Print Post

I agree with Jelv, give Chris the info he wants it will only help, surely it can't get any worse than it already has tongue

Alastair

omadasafisho
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 16-Jan-13 19:30:15
Print Post

Just adding to what the others have said re Chris's offer, he and his colleagues who come here are higher up the food chain at Plusnet than the people on the phone and ticket services, and have more clout. There's nothing wrong with those people, but they have a very busy time dealing with "routine" stuff.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 54.0/14.9Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User philippercival
(experienced) Wed 16-Jan-13 20:28:19
Print Post

And just to add, plenty of us have in the past had excellent service from Plusnet. I am sure once you have it sorted, the service will be good. The next problem will be when you switch to another provider.

Standard User flimbo
(member) Wed 16-Jan-13 22:08:26
Print Post

[re: philippercival] [link to this post]

I hope so! It's just taking so long to get sorted and each BT engineer visit is promising but they leave with no improvement.

As I live in another part of the country to my father I only have what he tells me. I do have access to his member account and email settings at Plusnet online and have managed to setup a plusnet email for both my parents which they can access through webmail which will do them for now. This wasn't available until yesterday after finding out plusnet had cancelled my dad's domain.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 17-Jan-13 00:48:31
Print Post

Does PN provide domains? Or do you mean email address?

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to