User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ultra
(experienced) Sun 20-Jan-13 10:12:31
Print Post

Plus.Net Home Phone... still only 1 month contract ?

[link to this post]

Was looking yesterday for info in the T+C / FAQs for the Home Phone facility and while I could see charges for remaining months on a contracted service (I'm assuming 12 months which was an option) I saw no mention of any 'transfer in' fee (ie moving my line to PN) nor something indicating I could choose 1 month rolling contract or 12 month contract.

I appreciate with the product refresh the web site has undergone change to give priority to new customers switching to some combination of {essentials | unlimited} {broadband | fibre } and phone service, but in the revamp, seems to me that it's less easy to find some info.

I'll admit I wasn't looking exhaustively (there was Snooker on), nor did I go down the steps of 'upgrade' to switch my phone line, but felt I should have been able to find basic {and essential} details more easily, and while the FAQs cover the 'logistics' of switching, there was no apparent mention of contract terms.

---

If you run a business, have a second ISP and backup web hosting...
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 20-Jan-13 10:56:23
Print Post

Re: Plus.Net Home Phone... still only 1 month contract ?

[re: ultra] [link to this post]

I've been going througgh the Home Phone T & Cs on and off for three days for another reason. It's exhausting as bits are scattered around and extremely difficult to find.

A simple one though is that up until the new unlimited packages were announced Home Phone was 10-day notice. As was out-of-contract broadband.

Anything signed up for since "unlimited" on 19 December 2012 is 30-day notice once out of contract. 10-day seems to remain for earlier sign-ups.

So anyone who upgraded to unlimited from a legacy broadband product will be on 30 days for that, not 10 when their minimum term expires. I assume their legacy Home Phone if they have that isn't affected.
Edit - typo.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 54.0/14.9Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Edited by RobertoS (Sun 20-Jan-13 13:00:22)

Standard User ultra
(experienced) Sun 20-Jan-13 20:35:23
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

"30-day notice once out of contract."

Thanks. Did you spot any 'minimum contract' terms ? It seems as if 12 months is now minimum contract for services, which is in line with many other ISPs but hopefully not all. I was waiting on the phone to talk to them but have given up (my hands free desk phone is not to hand and the queue was long) so off to watch some Snooker smile

---

If you run a business, have a second ISP and backup web hosting...

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 20-Jan-13 21:34:38
Print Post

3/4qtrs of the way down this page. I'm not sure if you are talking about an existing service or taking one out now.

Phone Early Termination Charges

Contracted phone packages (after 18th December 2012) are subject to a minimum period of 12 (with broadband) or 18 (with fibre) months. The following monthly early termination charges apply for customers choosing to end their Plusnet phone service within this period (Excluding Line Rental Saver customers).

Monthly Early Termination Charge

Talk Anytime £4.25
Talk Anytime International £5.25
Talk Evening & Weekends £2.25
Talk Mobile £4.25
Talk Mobile 1 £4.25

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.

Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User Oldjim
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 20-Jan-13 21:56:38
Print Post

according to this http://www.plus.net/support/service/policies/product... it has changed
7. Home Phone
Adding phone to an existing broadband package - Rules for current broadband products (Plusnet Essentials and Plusnet Unlimited)

With a contract
Adding a phone package will restart your current contract
Without a contract
customers can choose whether to start a new contract

Adding phone to an existing broadband package - Rules for legacy broadband products (no longer sold)

Any call plan can be chosen
Adding a call plan will not add a new contract or affect an existing contract
See our Broadband product archive for more information on legacy products

Switching between phone plans

Any change of call plan will be scheduled to take place on your next bill date.
There is no charge to change between call plans.
Customers under contract are able to switch between call plans without affecting the length of their contract.
ISP Representative thatadamwalker
(isp) Mon 21-Jan-13 14:06:35
Print Post

[re: Oldjim] [link to this post]

Hi,

To clarify, as the page Oldjim has linked to states, no new contract is added. In other words there is no contract per se other than the 14 days notice we'd require if you left, which is the same amount of time it takes to to transfer to another provider.

I'll do what I can to see if we can make this information clearer and easier to find.

Adam Walker
Plusnet Support Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User Oldjim
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 21-Jan-13 14:15:51
Print Post

[re: thatadamwalker] [link to this post]

Adam,
That isn't what it says - unless I am totally misreading it
Example
I am on unlimited with a 12 month contract and i am 6 months in to it (I know that isn't actually possible at the moment)
Adding home phone resets that contract so although the phone part may or may not have an extended notice my broadband 12 month contract restarts which really shouldn't be the case
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 21-Jan-13 16:34:57
Print Post

And it is quite clear that all products ordered from 19 December 2012 carry a 30-day notice period even when out of minimum term. The 10 days one is retained for legacy products.

Standard User Oldjim
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 21-Jan-13 16:42:55
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

No it isn't - the home phone part might be but look what it does to your broadband contract - it could go from 2 months remaining on a 12 month contract to 12 months just because you add the phone
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,1111...

Edited by Oldjim (Mon 21-Jan-13 16:50:30)

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 21-Jan-13 17:16:12
Print Post

smile
I wasn't contradicting you. I was adding.

What I need to recheck, or ask, is whether the 30-day notice out of contract applies rigidly to the product, so in time I will be on that, or whether pre-19 Dec 2012 customers who were on 10 days stay on that once they run out of contract on (for example what I have done) an upgrade from Extra to Unlimited.

I'm fairly sure I will be on 30 days.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to