User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User nuke_me
(committed) Wed 23-Jan-13 12:09:49
Print Post

plus net unlimited fiber

[link to this post]

I'm looking to move over to plus net fibre, i was on plus net back in the early days of adsl 9 years ago, looks like a lot as changed, anyway got some question if anyone could help me out.

I want a static ip straight off from my migration from my isp eclipse into plus net, is that possible, i know its a one of £5 to get a static ip, is there a option to tick to get the static ip, and do plus net inform me of the new static ip i would be getting? before my fibre goes live.

And the router you get sent, i see in the Fibre setup guide it takes 10 to 15mins to get online when you have powered on the router for the first time, how come it takes so long, is there a faster way?

I see when you sign up to fibre the BT guy comes and brings a BT Openreach modem, what if in the future when my contract as finished, i decide to move or or close down my fibre with plus net, who owns the modem, do BT come and collect the modem?
And is there a third party all in one modem/router that can be used with plus net fibre?

And say if i get my mac code today how long will it take to get onto fibre from signing up, 7 days?

eclipse internet
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 23-Jan-13 12:44:48
Print Post

Re: plus net unlimited fiber

[re: nuke_me] [link to this post]

And is there a third party all in one modem/router that can be used with plus net fibre?[/i[

Officially the answer is no, as the Openreach VDSL modem is a requirement at this time, but third party devices like AVM Fritzbox 7390 can do it all in one box (for a price)

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User gmoorc
(committed) Wed 23-Jan-13 12:54:03
Print Post

In reply to a post by nuke_me:
And the router you get sent, i see in the Fibre setup guide it takes 10 to 15mins to get online when you have powered on the router for the first time, how come it takes so long, is there a faster way?

I was with my father in law who had Plusnet Fibre BB installed yesterday.
The 10 to 15 mins is there to allow the router to auto configure itself with your BB username and password.

I just went into the router and added these manually before the engineer arrived and it connected straight away once plugged in.

Gary

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

ISP Representative chrisparr
(isp) Wed 23-Jan-13 12:56:53
Print Post

I want a static ip straight off from my migration from my isp eclipse into plus net, is that possible, i know its a one of £5 to get a static ip, is there a option to tick to get the static ip, and do plus net inform me of the new static ip i would be getting? before my fibre goes live.

Unfortunately not, you can't add the static IP until the service is active. Once it is you can do this through our website and it's activated immediately.

It should be quicker than that, but we say 10-15 minutes as during busy periods that's how long the TR069 service can take to put the connection details across to your router. If you want you can actually get the router ready for connection by entering the connection details manually into the router config.

And say if i get my mac code today how long will it take to get onto fibre from signing up, 7 days?

Very hard to say, engineer appointments vary from area to area. I'd say that you're looking at 10 days - 2 weeks on average.

Chris Parr
Plusnet Support Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User nuke_me
(committed) Wed 23-Jan-13 14:15:14
Print Post

[re: chrisparr] [link to this post]

And the BT guy comes and brings a BT Openreach modem, who owns the modem?

I'll be paying by credit card is that a ok payment method? for the fibre service.

eclipse internet
Standard User kasg
(experienced) Wed 23-Jan-13 14:23:07
Print Post

In reply to a post by nuke_me:
And the BT guy comes and brings a BT Openreach modem, who owns the modem?

Fancy some reading?

http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/fibre/f/4195947-ope...

Kevin

plusnet Unlimited Fibre
Using OpenDNS
Domains and web hosting with TSOHOST
  Print Thread

Jump to