User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User newaccount
(regular) Tue 29-Jan-13 22:13:25
Print Post

Quick query re: unlimited package

[link to this post]

Evening all,
I am currently on Extra (12 month contract 60GB/month for £11.50/ month) connecting at 17.5 Mb/s. I wish to go unlimited as I regularly hit the 60GB limit, and the extra £1 per month is fine for me (I will move house fairly soon so don't wish to take another 12 months contract out). My issue is on the "change my package page" it estimates my line speed with unlimited as 7.5 Mb/s despite the "current product" part showing 17.5 Mb/s. Is this a "typo" or is the trade of for unlimited downloads a huge reduction in speed.
Many thanks for your help smile
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 29-Jan-13 22:32:16
Print Post

Re: Quick query re: unlimited package

[re: newaccount] [link to this post]

It's the way the estimating system works and its source which is BT Wholesale. You speed on Unlimited would be the same as on Extra.

BUT!!!!!

I believe the upgrade would restart your full 12 months anyway. It does on the 18-month FTTC Extra >> Unlimited. You may wish to reconsider. Wouldn't you do a House Move anyway, or don't they do those any more?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 54.0/14.9Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User newaccount
(regular) Tue 29-Jan-13 22:42:30
Print Post

Re: Quick query re: unlimited package

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Thanks for the reply, and it's great to hear that the speed would be the same (as it's currently spot on). i'm hoping that by paying the £12.50 per month rather than £10 per month unlimited package it won't restart the 12 month contract!
Thanks smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to