User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User vasudaprime
(newbie) Wed 06-Feb-13 12:10:02
Print Post

Connection issue....

[link to this post]

I just had FTTC activated today (about 2 hours ago), but the Technicolor router is giving me the connection error: "Authentication Failure". I posted a support ticket request (# 65498755), whereupon I was told the estimated response time would be 25 hours frown . I was hoping that by posting here someone from Plusnet might be able to take a look into this. Thanks in advance for any help smile.

--vasudaprime.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 06-Feb-13 13:09:10
Print Post

Re: Connection issue....

[re: vasudaprime] [link to this post]

I'd ring up.

Here isn't an official place for PN staff, even though they visit a lot. The Community Forum is visited more often. You will need to create a login.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 54.3/15.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User shalom2005
(committed) Wed 06-Feb-13 14:06:44
Print Post

I had almost exactly the same whilst the OR guy was here we had a red light showing on the router and a failure with the login details. The only quick way is to ring them. I got mine resolved within an hour and whilst you are the phone ask them to check you are on the correct profile.

Good luck.

Best Regards

Steven, Chigwell, Essex

My Broadband Speed Test

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User vasudaprime
(newbie) Wed 06-Feb-13 21:03:42
Print Post

[re: shalom2005] [link to this post]

Thanks for the tips guys smile. I posted on the Plusnet forums, and it was all taken care of. As for the profile, I checked BT Wholesale speed-tester, and everything seems to check out there. At least it tells me that my IP Profile max. attainable upload is 20 Mb/sec. The IP Profile max. attainable download is at 37.25 Mb/sec. Since I'm guessing there's no 40/20 product then I must be on 80/20?

A speed-test (think-broadband/speedtest.net, etc) gives me a download speed of 36.5 Mb/sec, and an upload of 5.5 Mb/sec, which was about what I expected (the pre-order prediction was 39 Mb/sec). I think I'll save up money over the next couple of years, and then consider FTTP-on Demand. I don't see any further speed increases for a ~650 metre line from the cabinet.

Edited by vasudaprime (Wed 06-Feb-13 22:59:17)

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 06-Feb-13 23:05:08
Print Post

Glad you got it sorted smile.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 54.3/15.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
  Print Thread

Jump to