User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User camieabz
(sensei) Mon 25-Feb-13 15:42:29
Print Post

"Reset Pending" - What is up with PN internal systems?

[link to this post]

A while back my upstream got locked at 448K on a profile reset (to improve the downstream).

After a couple of PMs with a Plusnet rep I was told the order for a reset had been placed on 16th/17th January.

So I wait a little...waiting...waiting...

Phoned this afternoon. Apparently it was in the system but had not been processed. It was 'pending'.

I suggest the folk at Plusnet take a long look at all those 'pending' jobs, and rename pending to 'not processed'.

Pending is bull for 'no longer my immediate problem; awaiting someone else; forgotten'. Do away with the middle tray and leave all unprocessed work in the 'in tray' (or its IT equivalent) until processed.

By all means mark it as 'awaiting BT' or similar, but flag it for review every 1-7 days, depending on the type of action required.

Effing pending for 40 days? Should I pop my DDs into the pending section of my bank account? Perhaps the police can ask criminals to stand in a pending area until they can get around to chasing them?

'Pending' is internal speak for forgotten until reminded. Here's your reminder. Fix it.

~ Camieabz ~

All Connection Data ~ Some plusnet links

mod'er·a'tion n.
Synonyms: temperance, restraint, modesty.
ISP Representative orbrey
(isp) Mon 25-Feb-13 16:33:32
Print Post

Re: "Reset Pending" - What is up with PN internal systems?

[re: camieabz] [link to this post]

Hi Camieabz,

Really sorry about that - I suspect the order to uncap got stuck in our supplier's systems, but as we were expecting it to complete automatically we wouldn't check on it by default.

I can see we've requested that order is cancelled which should complete tomorrow, we can then replace the uncap order and get everything straightened out. I'll check on this first thing tomorrow for you and update you either way.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Matthew Taylor
Plusnet Customer Support
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User camieabz
(sensei) Mon 25-Feb-13 19:32:54
Print Post

[re: orbrey] [link to this post]

I've reset my downstream snr to 6db on my router prior to the replace. I assume training should happen on the 6db settings rather than a tweaked setting.

~ Camieabz ~

mod'er·a'tion n.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(isp) Tue 26-Feb-13 15:00:11
Print Post

Not sure how that works when the upstream uncaps to be honest, but I don't think it'll do any harm.

As far as the order goes, it's still showing as cancellation pending so I've had a chat to our suppliers - it's been closed off on one of their systems but in the one we use it's still pending. They've raised a bridge case to sort this out but have said that'll be 72 hours - though if it's sooner I'll get an update by email and let you know.

Once that's done we'll be able to uncap it again for you. Really sorry for how this is carrying on.

Regards,

Matthew Taylor
Plusnet Customer Support
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User camieabz
(sensei) Fri 01-Mar-13 19:56:34
Print Post

77 hours and counting. Reboot. No change.

~ Camieabz ~

mod'er·a'tion n.
(isp) Mon 04-Mar-13 09:59:00
Print Post

Morning Camieabz,

I've just chased this again as the cancellation still hasn't taken effect. I chased this with our suppliers who've raised a bridge case to get this closed off. They advised it'd be completed by the 11th, I advised in return that this was completely unacceptable and we'd be chasing it daily. I'll let you know what's happened tomorrow.

Regards,

Matthew Taylor
Plusnet Customer Support
Standard User wanapoo
(committed) Mon 04-Mar-13 11:03:54
Print Post

Sorry,

I also experienced the same problem with a wrong upstream profile in the past.
Plusnet Staff didnt know there was a difference between ADSL Max and ADSL2+ when resetting.

Plusnet Staff have to login through the BTW.com website and set the customers 6 ADSL2+ parameters (Rate Band Downstream, Interleave Level Downstream, Target Margin Downstream, Rate Band Upstream, Interleave Level Upstream, Target Margin Upstream) manually themselves (Not the Supplier).

Requesting resets without filling in the options doesn't change anything. The changes take effect within a few minutes of Plusnet Staff making the changes on the BTW.com website.

Standard User camieabz
(sensei) Mon 04-Mar-13 11:07:42
Print Post

[re: wanapoo] [link to this post]

To add to that:

Annex A, Fastpath, Uncapped everything. smile

~ Camieabz ~

mod'er·a'tion n.
(isp) Mon 04-Mar-13 16:08:51
Print Post

It started as an incorrect profile, I believe Bob tried to fix it by placing an order to cap it and then an order to uncap it again. It's the uncap order that's stuck in the system, as soon as that's been sorted we'll be able to get another order placed to sort it all out again.

Once that's complete, assuming the line doesn't retrain, we can sort the SNR reset out if need be (we're a lot better at that these days wink )

Regards,

Matthew Taylor
Plusnet Customer Support
Standard User camieabz
(sensei) Mon 11-Mar-13 14:05:20
Print Post

Re: "Reset Pending" - What is up with PN internal systems? *DELETED*

Post deleted by camieabz
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to