User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User vf12vf
(regular) Wed 27-Feb-13 21:49:20
Print Post

thinking of changing

[link to this post]

hey all,

i am currently on Sky Fibre and have been since 11th Jan 13, the first few weeks were great then the probs started, thier speeds are great in the day but terrible in the evenings.
Evening Speed
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o298/GR1M1/newlow...
Daytime Speed
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o298/GR1M1/newlow...

apparently its the Sky backhaul thats the problem and i was wondering if i changed to Plusnet, would i have the same issues?
i dont really want to go to another ISP which has the same exact problems, has this been a problem for any1??

thanks
Standard User lt567
(committed) Thu 28-Feb-13 01:47:58
Print Post

Re: thinking of changing

[re: vf12vf] [link to this post]

Hi VF,

Bear in mind if you have only been on Sky Fibre since 11th Jan this year you are bound on the 12 month contract. So you would have to pay the remainder months as the exit fee.

Jack
Standard User simon194
(committed) Thu 28-Feb-13 09:32:19
Print Post

Stick your postcode in here and see if it comes up with anything. If not check the Sky help forums and post there as the forums are monitored by Sky.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Bright
(member) Thu 28-Feb-13 13:27:14
Print Post

Some (but definitely not all) Plusnet and BT Infinity customers seem to be suffering from the same kind of reduced throughput and increased latency during evening peak hours. See this Plusnet forum thread.

My Plusnet Unlimited Fibre service has been top notch since I migrated to them in mid-Jan.

Robert

PSS/BT Gold > Compuserve > Dircon > Zen > Be Unlimited > PlusNet Unlimited Fibre
ISP Representative orbrey
(isp) Thu 28-Feb-13 15:32:00
Print Post

[re: Bright] [link to this post]

Just to note, we've opened a service status post on this issue as well now: http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1362056380.htm

Regards,

Matthew Taylor
Plusnet Customer Support
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User vf12vf
(regular) Thu 28-Feb-13 20:37:35
Print Post

[re: lt567] [link to this post]

yes, usually i would be tied in to the 12mth contract, but in thier terms and conditions it says that if the service is not as described in the first 3 mths, then u can leave.
i have been dealing with someone from thier executives office and have been given the OK to leave without penalties if this problems isnt sorted...

but the purpose of this thread was to find out if i would get the same problem with Plusnet, lots of good reports regarding thier service so think i will take a chance if my issues are not sorted in the next few weeks..

i will check out the servioce status thingy too.
Standard User lt567
(committed) Thu 28-Feb-13 21:28:06
Print Post

Pretty lucky to leave without penalties
  Print Thread

Jump to