User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User nuke_me
(committed) Thu 28-Feb-13 10:21:55
Print Post

getting erorr when trying to place order FTTC only

[link to this post]

Sorry there's been a problem

It looks like something has gone wrong - please try again. If you keep having problems get in touch

The server returned a "500 Internal Server Error".

Why not try one of the links below?
Home
Contact us
Help & Support
Community

Anyone else had this error, using IE browser trying to order FTTC only?
And when i try and do the same request using firefox browser, i click on the START your order, it just sends me back to list of packages again.
Not looking good is it, i'm not going to place this order unless the website is working.

eclipse internet
Standard User lt567
(committed) Thu 28-Feb-13 11:21:51
Print Post

Re: getting erorr when trying to place order FTTC only

[re: nuke_me] [link to this post]

You could ring them on the freephone number 0800 432 0080 and order that way
Standard User nuke_me
(committed) Thu 28-Feb-13 14:16:11
Print Post

[re: lt567] [link to this post]

I would like to place order online, its just not wanting to let me, on firefox browser i manage to get it to check my phone number and post code, but then it seems very laggy getting to the part where you enter the house number and street, sometimes it gets to it but now its just hangs there saying
"We're just checking your phone line to see what packages are available"

Any plusnet rep can fix this, when i check my packages last week it worked fine, but now i want to move to plusnet there shocking website is just saying, computer says No.

eclipse internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User greenglide
(experienced) Thu 28-Feb-13 14:50:03
Print Post

Is that so you can use the Quidco cash back of £38 for new broadband and voice or £28 for new broadband connection? (Other cash back sites are available!!!)

That would explain the desire to use internet. If you are not planning to use cash back - you should!

BT Infinity 2 - IP profile 77 / 20 - super fast!
Previously BE Unlimited - 21,000 Download 1,200 Upload but then moved house - 6,500 Down, 1Mb/s up - gutted!
Ex <n>ildram , been to SKY MAX - 15,225 Download
ISP Representative orbrey
(isp) Thu 28-Feb-13 15:24:27
Print Post

Hi nuke_me,

We're trying to replicate this in the office here so we can raise a problem, but one of us has managed to get it to work by clearing all cookies from plus.net - does that help at all? Please let us know if not, and I'm really sorry this is happening at all.

Regards,

Matthew Taylor
Plusnet Customer Support
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User nuke_me
(committed) Thu 28-Feb-13 15:48:18
Print Post

[re: orbrey] [link to this post]

Clearing cookies not worked, i tried on a laptop which as IE browser on it, still got the same problem, so its not my main pc which is the problem.
getting the The server returned a "500 Internal Server Error". message.

Its a strange one this is

eclipse internet
Standard User lt567
(committed) Thu 28-Feb-13 21:30:45
Print Post

I placed an order this week with Plusnet online for Unlimited Fibre and had no problems at all Nuke the website was fine. If you don't want to phone them try ordering it through someone elses PC possibly then?

P.S

Just tried the website by entering a postcode, selecting an address it checked it and went through to the summary page OK.

Edited by lt567 (Thu 28-Feb-13 21:37:52)

Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Thu 28-Feb-13 21:37:00
Print Post

Re: getting error when trying to place order FTTC only

You're not alone after reading your post i also tried using FF19 and it too failed giving the 500 error, the site also seems to be very slow at times so somethings a miss, but when i tried it again later on, it loaded ok, still a bit laggy though, so it's intermittent

Edited by tommy45 (Thu 28-Feb-13 21:56:32)

Standard User nuke_me
(committed) Thu 28-Feb-13 22:18:25
Print Post

Re: getting error when trying to place order FTTC only

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by tommy45:
You're not alone after reading your post i also tried using FF19 and it too failed giving the 500 error, the site also seems to be very slow at times so somethings a miss, but when i tried it again later on, it loaded ok, still a bit laggy though, so it's intermittent

Managed to place order tonight using firefox browser, all went through ok. Roll on the 11th next month here i come plusnet FTTC.

It's odd why IE browser gave out the 500 error, yes it was slow this afternoon, laggy processing the phone number and so on.
I didn't want to continue with the order just if it had froze on the payment process that wouldn't be good at all.
We'll see if the migration process goes easy as some posts on here have said, i'm only moving from eclipse adsl, 9 years and they couldn't keep up with the times.

eclipse internet
  Print Thread

Jump to