User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User nuke_me
(committed) Fri 01-Mar-13 15:55:05
Print Post

confused now with install date FTTC

[link to this post]

I place order last night FTTC, install date i tagged for 11th march 8 till 1pm slot, now got a txt saying "Your broadband service is due to became active by midnight on 12/03/2013.
Please don't set up your router untill we confirm your service is active.
So looked on the member centre that says :-
Your broadband order should complete on 12th Mar 2013 - After 12pm. Please note that this date can sometimes change. We'll let you know if this happens.
Will i lose my broadband for a day, and is the openreach guy not coming till 12th now.
I guess if the openreach guy comes on the 11th and he wants me to plug the router in it won't work till 12th frown

eclipse internet
Standard User Bright
(member) Fri 01-Mar-13 16:14:10
Print Post

Re: confused now with install date FTTC

[re: nuke_me] [link to this post]

I think the problem with the booking system is that there is no linkage between the dates offered by Plusnet and the dates BTOR engineers are actually available. So when you request a particular date, it's just a wish list. If it turns out there's actually a BT slot available on that date, great, otherwise you get assigned the best available slot.

So I think your engineer is booked for the 12th, but you may wish to get PN to confirm that.

Robert

PSS/BT Gold > Compuserve > Dircon > Zen > Be Unlimited > PlusNet Unlimited Fibre
Standard User nuke_me
(committed) Fri 01-Mar-13 16:41:53
Print Post

[re: Bright] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Bright:
I think the problem with the booking system is that there is no linkage between the dates offered by Plusnet and the dates BTOR engineers are actually available. So when you request a particular date, it's just a wish list. If it turns out there's actually a BT slot available on that date, great, otherwise you get assigned the best available slot.

So I think your engineer is booked for the 12th, but you may wish to get PN to confirm that.

Yep i do need a confirm from PN on this one, can a plusnet rep get back to me on this one plzz, don't wanna have cleared calendar for the 11th and find its moved to 12th.

eclipse internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User lt567
(committed) Fri 01-Mar-13 17:27:53
Print Post

Not necessarily it probably means 11th March install and will go live by midnight which would make it the 12th as it said. For example it may go live 00:05 on the 12th. I had a similar text on mine when my install is the 26th, go live is 27th.

Edited by lt567 (Fri 01-Mar-13 17:32:29)

Standard User Bright
(member) Fri 01-Mar-13 17:49:04
Print Post

[re: lt567] [link to this post]

OK. Not what happened with me. But no doubt PN can confirm what they actually meant!

Robert

PSS/BT Gold > Compuserve > Dircon > Zen > Be Unlimited > PlusNet Unlimited Fibre
Standard User nuke_me
(committed) Sun 03-Mar-13 10:05:15
Print Post

Guess theres no plusnet reps work at weekends that check on this forum, i've tried to login to the plusnet forum all i get is "That username does not exist."
Do i need to be activated on plusnet before i can use there forum, because i am migrating in from eclipse. Also wonder how long does it take for the router to get sent out, can it be tracked, which postal courier do they use?

eclipse internet
Standard User lt567
(committed) Sun 03-Mar-13 15:35:48
Print Post

Probably a week before your service like most do nowadays. You can keep track of the information you need by logging into Plusnets member page > Account Details More > Account Summary

Edited by lt567 (Sun 03-Mar-13 15:52:52)

Standard User JimmyBoy
(committed) Sun 03-Mar-13 16:02:22
Print Post

In reply to a post by nuke_me:
...i've tried to login to the plusnet forum all i get is "That username does not exist."

You need to register a Username & password before you can use the community forums. The 'Members Centre' & 'Community Forums' are different entities.

Don't panic about the date issue.
My installation was scheduled for 08:00-13:00, 18/02/2013. The Members Centre message stated that my service would be available 19/02/2013.
A few days before 18/02/2013, the Members Centre message confirmed 18/02/2013 as the installation date.
Two Openreach engineers duly arrived during the scheduled time slot and completed the installation.

SOLAR - 0129 on a SKY DigiBox - As good now as they were on FM in the 1980s!
ISP Representative orbrey
(isp) Mon 04-Mar-13 14:55:54
Print Post

Hi nuke_me,

Your account will activate on the same day the appointment takes place - if you're happy to PM me your username I'll keep an eye on things for you?

Regards,

Matthew Taylor
Plusnet Customer Support
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User nuke_me
(committed) Mon 04-Mar-13 17:04:38
Print Post

[re: orbrey] [link to this post]

orbrey sent username thx for your trouble.

eclipse internet
  Print Thread

Jump to