User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User vf12vf
(regular) Tue 05-Mar-13 17:55:58
Print Post

Half price Fibre for 6 mths deal

[link to this post]

hey all,

do you think the Plusnet 1/2 price Fibre for 6 months deal be coming back?
waiting for my Mac from Sky and need to choose a new supplier..just looking for best deal smile
Standard User lt567
(committed) Tue 05-Mar-13 17:59:11
Print Post

Re: Half price Fibre for 6 mths deal

[re: vf12vf] [link to this post]

If you go through a cashback site you can get 3 months free (ends in 5 days) and £38 back if it's any help
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 05-Mar-13 18:50:01
Print Post

The current three month half price offer expires 10th March.
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/isp/plusnet/package/12...

But no updates on offers as yet

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User vf12vf
(regular) Tue 05-Mar-13 20:09:47
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

thanks for the info guys..just waiting on my Mac and i will sign up.....
Standard User HiPing
(learned) Wed 06-Mar-13 10:30:06
Print Post

Why a MAC?
Im leaving Sky FU for Plusnet UF and both parties said it is not needed (changeover on the 13/03/13). I hope they're not wrong.
Standard User vf12vf
(regular) Wed 06-Mar-13 16:44:47
Print Post

[re: HiPing] [link to this post]

Just got off the line to Plusnet and they confirmed that i need a MAC from my old supplier...
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Wed 06-Mar-13 16:58:08
Print Post

[re: HiPing] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by HiPing:
Why a MAC?
Im leaving Sky FU for Plusnet UF and both parties said it is not needed (changeover on the 13/03/13). I hope they're not wrong.
If you are Fully LLU'd then no,no Mac Code will be given because it falls outside the Mac code system scope, only BTW and SMPF LLU (ADSL ONLY)connections,safeguarded by the Mac code

So if you are FU then the gaining provider will have to have the line transfared back to the BTW system, then they will be able to place your FTTC order,Unlikely that both with active on the same day, as normally the BTwholesale data base has to update before any isp can place an order for xDSL products , So unless Plusnet have some way around this your line and telephony service will switch to plusnet on that day, but be prepared for a wait maybe only a few days before the order can be placed, then the normal process of being given a FTTC install date

Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Wed 06-Mar-13 17:09:08
Print Post

In reply to a post by vf12vf:
Just got off the line to Plusnet and they confirmed that i need a MAC from my old supplier...
If you are fully LLU'd with sky then the Mac code system is not applicable, plusnet would need to do a return to donor order basically, to get your line re connected or whatever needs doing before broadband services can be ordered on this line, and as result of the line being disconnected from sky's llu any active broadband will not be present on the line after plusnet have had it transfered to them

But if you are SMPF Broadband only is on sky's LLU then yes the mac code process would apply and sky are obligated to supply you one upon your request

Possibly the easiest way of you finding out if your line is full or partial llu is to input your telephone number into the bt wholesale adsl checker, if Full llu's it will not give any speed estimates for your line,
failing that run a tracert and if the 1st hop after the router is an Easynet.net switch, then you most probably will be only SMPF partial LLU so would there fore require a Mac code

Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Wed 06-Mar-13 17:33:43
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by tommy45:
failing that run a tracert and if the 1st hop after the router is an Easynet.net switch, then you most probably will be only SMPF partial LLU so would there fore require a Mac code

Or dial 17070 and see if "Zoe" answers.

Oliver.
Standard User vf12vf
(regular) Wed 06-Mar-13 21:31:03
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

roughly how long should it take to change from Sky Fibre to Plusnet?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to