User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User nuke_me
(committed) Wed 06-Mar-13 09:52:39
Print Post

No hardware order has not yet been placed

[link to this post]

I'm getting a bit worried, just checked in the members section and no router order been placed and the install date is on monday, getting close now.
How soon or near to the install date do routers usually get sent out getting FTTC.

eclipse internet
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Wed 06-Mar-13 10:41:41
Print Post

Re: No hardware order has not yet been placed

[re: nuke_me] [link to this post]

They leave it to the absolute last minute so that if everything works perfectly, the Post Office deliver next day and before the time of your engineer appoint you will have it in time.

jelv

Plusnet user since November 2001
ISP Representative orbrey
(isp) Wed 06-Mar-13 13:45:45
Print Post

Hi there,

It's been ordered for you today so should be with you by the weekend, hope that helps.

Regards,

Matthew Taylor
Plusnet Customer Support
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User nuke_me
(committed) Thu 07-Mar-13 13:09:29
Print Post

[re: orbrey] [link to this post]

Had a txt this morning saying router on its way, great i thought, just about 20mins again post man knocked and he as the router blush that was quick i thought, so all ready for the change over to PN on monday morning.

I think this as been talked about but is there a 10 day training of FTTC like ADSL as, the reason i ask is i'm thinking of swapping the router to a Asus RT-N66U, but i think it is the best way is to use the PN router first get up and working, but i don't wanna swap out router and it'll mess my 10 day training.

eclipse internet
Standard User lt567
(committed) Thu 07-Mar-13 13:15:52
Print Post

Fibre 24-48 hours
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Thu 07-Mar-13 13:54:16
Print Post

DLM starts on the day after install, unless severe instability is detected. So swapping the router on the day of installation will not affect line training.

__________________________________________________________________________The back pedalling starts here__________________
Standard User Bright
(member) Thu 07-Mar-13 14:15:46
Print Post

And it's the modem that is involved in the DLM process rather than the router (they will be separate in your FTTC installation). So no problem swapping the router, just leave the modem alone for a couple of days.

Robert

PSS/BT Gold > Compuserve > Dircon > Zen > Be Unlimited > PlusNet Unlimited Fibre
Standard User nuke_me
(committed) Thu 07-Mar-13 16:46:00
Print Post

[re: Bright] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Bright:
And it's the modem that is involved in the DLM process rather than the router (they will be separate in your FTTC installation). So no problem swapping the router, just leave the modem alone for a couple of days.

ok thanks wasn't sure, the modem won't be turned off, i can play around with the routers without any impacted on 10 day training of FTTC.

eclipse internet
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 07-Mar-13 16:49:43
Print Post

Fiddling and turning the FTTC modem off/on a lot on day 342 of it running would generate the same DLM reaction as if it was in the first few days.

The training is not some period that runs once, but rather can react to line changes at any time, but generally lines settle down to a fairly steady state within a couple of days.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User nuke_me
(committed) Thu 07-Mar-13 17:15:00
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Just remembered something, i'll need the static ip as soon as i'm up and running on fibre when i goto the members section, and click add on, will i need to reboot the modem or router for it to take effect?
I don't think i can add the static ip at the moment can i ?

eclipse internet
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to