User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User vf12vf
(regular) Sat 16-Mar-13 15:17:54
Print Post

change over times

[link to this post]

Hi All,

does anyone know roughly how long it takes to change from Sky fibre to PlusNet?

I signed up online to PlusNet on 6/3/13 but the checker says its still checking the line?

just want an average time that it takes..

Thx
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 16-Mar-13 15:43:02
Print Post

Re: change over times

[re: vf12vf] [link to this post]

I think mine did similar, moving from IDNet FTTC to PN FTTC. (Line with BT for both). That progress checker seemed wierd.

The texts I got were more useful. Have you had the dates that Openreach have confirmed, rather than the initial one you chose? An average isn't really relevant, as it depends on the Openreach loading in each area and is similar for all ISPs in the same area.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 54.2/15.2Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User vf12vf
(regular) Sat 16-Mar-13 16:36:44
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
I think mine did similar, moving from IDNet FTTC to PN FTTC. (Line with BT for both). That progress checker seemed wierd.

The texts I got were more useful. Have you had the dates that Openreach have confirmed, rather than the initial one you chose? An average isn't really relevant, as it depends on the Openreach loading in each area and is similar for all ISPs in the same area.

I don't recall putting a date in when I signed up, I haven't had any texts either...

all I did was put my details in 9Fone / Postcode etc, Mac code and then general payment details.

I really don't need OR to come round as its all done, thought they would just change me over to the PN equipment and away I go..

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 16-Mar-13 16:57:38
Print Post

There won't be an engineer visit, but have you received anything, such as an email giving a date?

If not, I suggest you ring them up as it may be that something has gone wrong.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.

Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User vf12vf
(regular) Sat 16-Mar-13 17:00:16
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

just checked and other than payment details I just have a confirmation of order email....nothing else..might try to ring em now...
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 16-Mar-13 17:02:37
Print Post

YOu probably won't have much luck till Monday. I expect first-line would need to contact the Provisioning Team. I think they are Mon-Fri.

Standard User vf12vf
(regular) Sat 16-Mar-13 17:02:59
Print Post

just phoned and automated message said that my service isn't up and running yet and they will Email or text.....still non the wiser when it will be though smile
Standard User Oldjim
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 16-Mar-13 18:45:13
Print Post

Flagged up to staff on the Plusnet Forums in this thread http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,1131...

Edited by Oldjim (Sat 16-Mar-13 18:46:36)

Standard User vf12vf
(regular) Sat 16-Mar-13 20:16:42
Print Post

[re: Oldjim] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Oldjim:
Flagged up to staff on the Plusnet Forums in this thread http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,1131...

Thanks for your help Old Jim, that's my thread too smile

I like to have diff opinions on these things...

I did post this question within another topic and the response was we will get the service running as quick as they can...seems not to be the case though so hopefully things will progress quicker now smile

thanks again guys
ISP Representative chrispurvey
(isp) Tue 19-Mar-13 10:07:48
Print Post

Hi,

I'm chasing this up for the latest update and I'll post in this thread and the one linked to above as soon as I've got further information.

Chris

Chris Purvey
Plusnet Support Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to