User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User AsH_88
(newbie) Sun 24-Mar-13 13:16:49
Print Post

Moving house, when to place order?

[link to this post]

I will be moving into my new house in a few weeks time (contracts allready exchanged) should i be waiting until completion day to place the order for my new fibre connection or can i place the order before i move, as i know it will take a few weeks for OR engineer, so if timed right then it shouldnt be long after im in?

The current owners have the line/broadband with sky, so take it they are on full LLU, will this affect anything?

Cheers.
Standard User WWWombat
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 24-Mar-13 13:25:17
Print Post

Re: Moving house, when to place order?

[re: AsH_88] [link to this post]

Ordinarily, I'd recommend you allow at least 2-3 weeks, but it depends whether you are ordering a "move" of broadband from an existing house, or a fresh connection at the new house.

We ordered a move from our old house with 2 weeks notice, and had complications in getting a simultaneous-provide done for fibre. In the end we were stuck with just phone for a few days, then got ADSL for a couple of weeks, then got the fibre.

However, that was to a house which didn't have anyone using the existing line at the time I ordered. Having someone in the house, and using Sky LLU, is likely to add something of a complication.
Standard User AsH_88
(newbie) Sun 24-Mar-13 19:42:34
Print Post

[re: WWWombat] [link to this post]

Ah, This will be a fresh connection (currently living in the sticks, so no adsl)

I take it i will have to wait until moving in date and then place the order then.

If they have ordered a cease on their line i take it that it will still be LLU'D?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User WWWombat
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 24-Mar-13 21:52:33
Print Post

[re: AsH_88] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by AsH_88:
I take it i will have to wait until moving in date and then place the order then.

I would assume the opposite, and try calling PN anyway to explain.

If they have ordered a cease on their line i take it that it will still be LLU'D?

I believe it's true that when a service ceases, the wires in the exchange are left as they were.

I guess, though, there are cases (eg when they are running out of ports) that the wires for ceased connections are removed.
  Print Thread

Jump to