User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User lgb2000
(newbie) Wed 27-Mar-13 15:41:14
Print Post

Fibre migration - mixed messages!

[link to this post]

I had read that there was some trouble in getting orders through for customers on LLU with another provider who want to move to Plusnet. I phoned yesterday to get some first hand information, explained my existing services and was told that although the order might initially get rejected, it could then be picked up by provisioning and manually progressed, there would definitely be no problem to prevent a successful migration.

I went ahead and placed order for Fibre Unlimited + Phone and phoned to check as it was stuck on 'checking details'. Today I get told the order won't go through and there is no fix and no timescale - I simply can't become a Plusnet customer. I was invited to leave the order pending and check back every week. Was told the 'suppliers' are aware of the issue and I'm not the only one.

This differs from the previous information and I was wondering if someone could chip in on this with what the correct information is and if indeed I can't get service from Plusnet as I was hoping.
Standard User Oldjim
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 27-Mar-13 16:00:01
Print Post

Re: Fibre migration - mixed messages!

[re: lgb2000] [link to this post]

flagged up to staff
Standard User vf12vf
(member) Wed 27-Mar-13 16:07:48
Print Post

go exact same problem as you, but it has taken me 3 weeks to get the answer you got in one day!

see message from a PlusNet Advisor :

Hi there,

Unfortunately this is a major problem with our suppliers that's affecting all ISPs. Basically the ordering system doesn't work as far as migrating existing fibre services from MPF providers like sky goes, and the actual code needs to be rewritten.

Our suppliers do have this in hand though we're not sure when the fix will be rolled and applied. At present though while it's ongoing there's only two ways round it, neither of which are ideal.

1) Cancel the existing service and then have us place an order for a new fibre install
2) Get a new line installed with fibre

Really sorry about that, we are chasing the problem (as are other ISPs) but at present that's where we are.

Hope that explains, though I understand it's not a good message.

Regards,

still trying to get a resolution !

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

ISP Representative bpullen
(isp) Wed 27-Mar-13 16:42:59
Print Post

[re: vf12vf] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by vf12vf:

From my limited understanding of the situation (I've not had much involvement), I'd imagine one of these is going to offer the quickest resolution:

1) Cancel the existing service and then have us place an order for a new fibre install

Rgds,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Digital Care

Service Status :: RSS :: Email
http://twitter.com/plusnet
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User vf12vf
(member) Wed 27-Mar-13 20:14:40
Print Post

[re: bpullen] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by bpullen:
In reply to a post by vf12vf:

From my limited understanding of the situation (I've not had much involvement), I'd imagine one of these is going to offer the quickest resolution:

Rgds,

yes, but to get a new line installed will cost what?

is PlusNet going to waive the fee for this.....I am waiting for an answer on this matter but support is slow in answering...will try to speak to a real person tomorrow if I can get through on the phone.

I cant cancel the line as I have an office at home and need broadband / internet for work commitments.
Standard User lgb2000
(newbie) Thu 28-Mar-13 09:02:31
Print Post

[re: bpullen] [link to this post]

I would be happy to have a new line if this would effectively 'sever' the service I have with Sky and end up with Plusnet service and a new telephone number. I'm assuming this is a new line order and not a physical new telephone line?

Would this involve extra cost and can it be done without much downtime?
ISP Representative orbrey
(isp) Thu 28-Mar-13 09:04:17
Print Post

[re: vf12vf] [link to this post]

Hi there,

I'm afraid we wouldn't be able to waive the fee for a new line install. The issue is with our suppliers' systems and is no fault of ours, and in addition there's an alternative mentioned above that would enable you to get the fibre service without having to pay for a new line.

Regards,

Matthew Taylor
Plusnet Customer Support
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
(isp) Thu 28-Mar-13 09:05:44
Print Post

Hi,

Yes it would be having a second physical line installed in addition to the one you have sky on currently, and it would cost £49.99 - however it would enable you to leave the sky service active until the fibre order completes, meaning there'd be no downtime.

Regards,

Matthew Taylor
Plusnet Customer Support
Standard User lgb2000
(newbie) Thu 28-Mar-13 09:13:12
Print Post

[re: orbrey] [link to this post]

Thanks for the swift reply. If I downgraded from Sky Fibre to Sky ADSL could I then have a successful migration without interruption to services?

I was a Plusnet customer about 8 years ago for ADSL and it's refreshing to see that the attention customers get on these forums is still great, as it was then.
(isp) Thu 28-Mar-13 09:14:05
Print Post

Yes, that should work - I believe the issue is only with migrating fibre, so ADSL should be alright.

Regards,

Matthew Taylor
Plusnet Customer Support
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to