User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User pcoventry76
(knowledge is power) Sun 07-Apr-13 19:53:57
Print Post

Is there still a way around this?

[link to this post]

Hi Guys,

Thinking of your unlimited package as my dad is well impressed with his. Only problem I have is that the checker insists I must pay £49,99 for install.

Not sure how much it's changed since I left but for me it should be the start of a stopped line. It was on SkyLLU so that's probably different but there was no charge from BT to sky.

Is there a way around this? I'd be looking at basic phone and unlimited ADSL from you

Cheers
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 07-Apr-13 20:03:15
Print Post

Re: Is there still a way around this?

[re: pcoventry76] [link to this post]

There is no activation fee as long as you put your phone with them, even for Fibre Unlimited.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 07-Apr-13 20:51:18
Print Post

Are you saying you don't have an active landline at the premises? I think you are.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 54.2/15.2Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Oldjim
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 07-Apr-13 21:50:55
Print Post

That is what is says here http://www.plus.net/home-broadband/ under the legal bit
New customers who place an order for Plusnet Essentials Broadband or Plusnet Unlimited Broadband and a home phone product by May 7th, 2013 get 50% off their monthly broadband rental charge for 12 months.
Unless you are having a new home phone line installed, the discount will be applied to the monthly rental charges for the first 12 months after which you will be charged the standard rental charge for your broadband service.
The offer is only available to new customers signing up from this page or by quoting "offer12" promotional code.
Only customers who order the service between 12th March, 2013 and 7th May, 2013 are eligible for this offer.
Your Home Phone activation date will be used as your monthly billing date. Where your broadband service is activated at a later date than your Home Phone service you will receive a pro-rata bill for your first month's broadband. After that your next 12 month's broadband will be half price.
If you need a new phone line installing at your property, there is a £49.99 installation charge.
It is not clear about the discount where a new phone line is required or whether a stopped line is a new line or not however this clearly states that a stopped line doesn't incur the charge http://www.plus.net/info2/legal/price_guide.html

Edited by Oldjim (Sun 07-Apr-13 21:54:18)

(knowledge is power) Mon 08-Apr-13 05:42:23
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Are you saying you don't have an active landline at the premises? I think you are.

I have a physical line but it's turned off. back in my day at Plusnet it was the start of a stopped line via BTW but I wanted to ask incase it's changed in the past few years.

Ill call sales later. I will also check to see if the number has changed and that I am submitting the right one
ISP Representative chrisparr
(isp) Tue 09-Apr-13 09:06:15
Print Post

You'd be best contacting sales specifically about this as it's going to depend whether the line is classed as ceased or just stopped.

Chris Parr
Plusnet Support Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
(knowledge is power) Tue 09-Apr-13 17:32:32
Print Post

[re: chrisparr] [link to this post]

Hi Chris

It's stopped. Got a dialtone but it was on Sky LLU. It does give me a number.
(knowledge is power) Tue 09-Apr-13 22:41:52
Print Post

[re: chrisparr] [link to this post]

When I left Sky The line was deactivated. Then it was re activated with someone else's number but with no ability to make or take calls.

Now it seems the line is dead. I don't have a phone to test it. I would not use the phone anyway.

Online sales was poor. saying I had to get a new line and that's that.

I don't want to go to talktalk Chris, I was with Sky and even sky want to charge me. Which is odd because it's their cockup for ceasing the line. They tied it to someone else's circuit and then when they left for cable my line was also ceased.

Others on here have said they got the money waived. Maybe I should have called instead.

Edited by pcoventry76 (Wed 10-Apr-13 01:26:14)

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 09-Apr-13 23:40:13
Print Post

What does this checker say about the number you believe is on the line?

If it doesn't recognise it that explains why you were told you need a new line.

However, see this post.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 54.2/15.2Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
  Print Thread

Jump to