User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User ploddo
(newbie) Mon 08-Apr-13 16:59:15
Print Post

BROADBAND - CHANGING TO PLUSNET

[link to this post]

I was thinking of changing to plusnet as it seems a better deal. (unlimited broadband £4.99 incl eve & w'end calls)
However when I look to see how much it will cost the monthly rental after discount is £8.49 and not £4.99 for the same thing.

Can sombody enlighten me as to why the web says one thing and the proposed billing another please?
Standard User 4M2
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 08-Apr-13 17:10:06
Print Post

Re: BROADBAND - CHANGING TO PLUSNET

[re: ploddo] [link to this post]

"Plusnet Unlimited: If you live in a low cost area it costs £9.99 a month. If you live outside one of these areas it costs £16.99 a month." - £16.99 / 2 = £8.49 where the exchange is Market 1.

Hope this explains it smile
Standard User ploddo
(newbie) Mon 08-Apr-13 17:18:49
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

Oh I See. Guess that means that if there is no competition you have to pay more.

Thanks for the information.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User 4M2
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 08-Apr-13 17:57:56
Print Post

Still a very good deal though smile
Standard User Stanman_24
(knowledge is power) Mon 08-Apr-13 18:05:05
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

I pay £9.99 unlimited download allowance

how can you complain about that

SOTV KRO BCFC smile
Standard User 4M2
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 08-Apr-13 18:12:50
Print Post

[re: Stanman_24] [link to this post]

http://www.plus.net/home-broadband/ - new customers only thing I guess?

BTW. I'm not with PN 21CN WBC, prefer partial LLU and zero slow downs with xilo/uno smile
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 08-Apr-13 18:15:33
Print Post

In reply to a post by ploddo:
Oh I See. Guess that means that if there is no competition you have to pay more.
If it's any consolation, Plusnet have to pay more to Openreach and BT Wholesale. So they aren't just ripping you off.

I wouldn't like to say they aren't adding a bit of their own as well though, as they will be pricing against the rest of the BT Wholesale ISPs. I think Plusnet probably come out best?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 54.2/15.2Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User ploddo
(newbie) Mon 08-Apr-13 21:39:41
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Seems like they have the best customer service record for large providers. Will probably go with them anyway when my contract is up. But just makes me laugh that they are owned by BT (?) but charge more for rural places that are seemingly controlled by BT and where people have little choice. If you can make use of BT's wireless and cloud the price difference isn't all that.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 08-Apr-13 21:58:21
Print Post

smile
Well I don't think you will go far wrong if you do join Plusnet.

One point though. You suffer like a huge number of people from the mistaken thought that Plusnet charge "more" in Market 1 areas.

Yes, the price is higher than the Market 2/3 ones. But it is still highly competitive with all ISPs. What is almost never commented on is that those other ISPs charge the same high rate in Market 2/3 as their M1 price. All ISPs have the lower prices charged them, not just Plusnet.

It's the other ISPs that are screwing the customers.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 54.2/15.2Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User ploddo
(newbie) Tue 09-Apr-13 17:59:23
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Yes guess you are right. But most people wouldn't notice the difference in charges unless they are in a similar situation to me and compare the market1 /2/etc prices. If it hadn't been offered at from £4.99 I wouldn't have thought anything of it. It is still a good deal whilst it is half price (at £8.49) but after the twelve months is up BT will be better as the use of the cloud and the wifi when out and about for only £1 difference will probably make me switch to them. Thanks for the imput smile
  Print Thread

Jump to