User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User olisun
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 11-Apr-13 09:29:08
Print Post

From VM to Plusnet

[link to this post]

Hi,

I am thinking of moving from VM to FTTC (Plusnet) as my contract with VM is coming to an end and also plusnet's currret offer is very good including cashback.

I already have a bit master socket in the house (I had a BT line before) so wanted to check if

1) I will have to pay for a new line excluding the monthly rental
2) Can I take my VM number across and do I have to initiate the process during signup only or can I do that one week later after signup.

Regards,

Oli

Edited by olisun (Thu 11-Apr-13 21:27:44)

ISP Representative orbrey
(isp) Thu 11-Apr-13 11:12:39
Print Post

Re: From VM to Cable

[re: olisun] [link to this post]

Hi there,

To answer your questions:

1) It depends whether the line can be reactivated remotely or needs an engineer to install. If you plug a phone in to the BT line and it gets a dial tone you almost certainly won't need to pay for a new install, but if there's no dial tone there's a fair chance you will do.

2) We should be able to port the number for you. It doesn't always go to plan, but we can and will put in a request to do so, you'll be able to request that we do this as part of the sign up process - you could do it later if you wished but probably better to let us know as soon as possible.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Matthew Taylor
Plusnet Customer Support
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User olisun
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 11-Apr-13 19:49:46
Print Post

Re: From VM to Plusnet

[re: orbrey] [link to this post]

I got a "active" line as in there is a dialtone..

I have placed the order with Plusnet and I hope I don't regret it..

VM offered me 100mb + XL Phone + Caller ID + 150 mins calls to 0845 / 0870 for £31pm...

Edited by olisun (Thu 11-Apr-13 21:28:08)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to