User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User musicmate
(learned) Fri 12-Apr-13 10:24:52
Print Post

migration problem

[link to this post]

I recently migrated my home phone & broadband to plusnet from orange/ee, everything went well & my fibre broadband was installed on time & the home phone switched over without a hitch a few weeks later, all well up until now, I get an email from Orange /EE to say my bill is ready online ,only then do I find out that not only are plusnet charging me but so are Orange so I immediately contacted Orange to see why this has happened, only for them to say my account is still active with them despite me having migrated a month ago & not only that to add insult to injury they say Plusnet did not use the MAC code to migrate my service so I am also going to be charged a administration fee i think they called it of £29.50 as they say plusnet did not use the MAC to migrate my service at all, so all together this month I will have been charged by plusnet for my broadband & home phone but also £21.50 + £29.50 by Orange neither side in this seems to want to say they are at fault in this matter one thing I do know for sure is I know that I have done nothing wrong but its going to cost me quite a bit of money this month until I can get one company to admit to being at fault in this any help would be very much appreciated.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 12-Apr-13 10:30:39
Print Post

Re: migration problem

[re: musicmate] [link to this post]

As its a BT Wholesale based service on both sides, then really the only way to migrate you without a number of days downtime is using the MAC.

Suspect Orange did not receive via BT Wholesale the notification that the MAC was used, or they lost it themselves.

If Orange has a 30 day notice period, what date did you serve notice on the old Orange account?

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User musicmate
(learned) Fri 12-Apr-13 10:46:49
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

thats just it Andrew I did use the MAC that Orange provided on the 20th of February Plusnet have confirmed to me this morning in a phone call that they did use the MAC also but Orange will not accept that they did I am a little confused now at what to do next as both company's say they are right.

Edited by musicmate (Fri 12-Apr-13 10:48:37)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Stanman_24
(knowledge is power) Fri 12-Apr-13 10:57:11
Print Post

am i under the impression it is the end user's responsibility to give its current ISP notice when migrating regardless of when a mac is used ?

for example previous two isp's I told them I was migrating giving them the switch over date and then further contacted them when I had migrate.

SOTV KRO BCFC smile

BQM
Standard User musicmate
(learned) Fri 12-Apr-13 11:02:56
Print Post

[re: Stanman_24] [link to this post]

I did ask if i had to do anything & was assured by plusnet that I did not need to do anything as they would handle that, I have migrated a couple of times over the years & have never needed to do that before has this now changed ?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 12-Apr-13 11:07:14
Print Post

[re: Stanman_24] [link to this post]

Yes - requesting MAC can often not mean notice is automatically started.

So the charge for a cease is basically in dispute, but the question is also when did original poster tell Orange they were giving notice.

Not sure how much notice Orange want for out of contract customers. 30 day is common.

Rather than normal support/CS it might be better to deal with Orange complaints
http://www.orange.co.uk/contact/complaints.html

If this money has been taken via a Direct Debit, you can use the guarantee to recover the amounts charged that you feel you should not have had to pay.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 12-Apr-13 11:10:55
Print Post

It has not changed, but providers losing notification of MAC usage, or not been told does happen sometimes.

The notice period has always been a bone of contention for people, so always wise to check that they have processed and generated your final bill.

Plusnet cannot serve the notice period to Orange, only you the consumer can do that. The physical broadband connection migration is a different matter, as Plusnet have no knowledge of your contract situation with Orange.

Standard User musicmate
(learned) Fri 12-Apr-13 11:20:24
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

this months payment will be taken by direct debit around the 21st,as for the £29.50 fee they mentioned today I assume will be taken at a later date the Plusnet CS person I spoke to this morning said they would email the exact details of the dates the MAC was used & also the other details I will need to send on to Orange but nothing has come yet.

Edited by musicmate (Fri 12-Apr-13 11:22:36)

Standard User musicmate
(learned) Fri 12-Apr-13 12:44:42
Print Post

thank you to Andrew for your advice I contacted Orange/EE again with the details provided by Plusnet & this CS adviser could not have been more different that the last one the £29.50 fee that the last person was adamant I would be charged was actually never going to be charged according to him & he could not understand why I was given that misleading & worrying information as he said the MAC was used correctly by Plusnet & there will be a refund of any money owing to me anyway all's well that ends well
Standard User Stanman_24
(knowledge is power) Fri 12-Apr-13 13:25:56
Print Post

hmm well plusnet did not tell idnet I was leaving

I had to do it myself

SOTV KRO BCFC smile

BQM
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to