User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User izools
(experienced) Wed 17-Apr-13 14:55:34
Print Post

On WBC ADSL 2+ but capped at 448K Upstream

[link to this post]

So I went live with Plusnet recently and noticed that my line was connecting at ADSL MAX speeds - with the upstream at 448K.

I called plusnet and spoke to their provisioning team and they can see I was indeed provisioned on ADSL Max and not WBC.

They put through a modify order and my router is now syncing with an ADSL 2+ modulation type but the sync rates are still capped at ADSL Max rates - the Upstream is capped at 448K.

Any ideas?

(committed) Wed 17-Apr-13 15:04:55
Print Post

Re: On WBC ADSL 2+ but capped at 448K Upstream

[re: izools] [link to this post]

Seems a common experience. I had to put in two requests after migration. The first to move from Max to 21CN, then the second to remove the upload cap. Both were actioned within 24 hours.
Standard User izools
(experienced) Wed 17-Apr-13 15:12:47
Print Post

[re: bgriffiths] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by bgriffiths:
Seems a common experience. I had to put in two requests after migration. The first to move from Max to 21CN, then the second to remove the upload cap. Both were actioned within 24 hours.

Yep, quick call, they've arranged for it to be uncapped, thanks for the heads up!

I'm absolutely amazed with the competence of their support, straight away they know exactly what I'm asking for. Lesser ISPs could learn a lot!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 17-Apr-13 15:22:17
Print Post

In reply to a post by izools:
I'm absolutely amazed with the competence of their support, straight away they know exactly what I'm asking for. Lesser ISPs could learn a lot!
The support are OK, but this is a very long-standing problem. It's time somebody fixed things so that it doesn't happen.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 54.2/15.2Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 17-Apr-13 15:23:13
Print Post

In reply to a post by izools:
I'm absolutely amazed with the competence of their support, straight away they know exactly what I'm asking for.
That's cuz it happens every day!

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
ISP Representative KellyD
(isp) Wed 17-Apr-13 15:52:45
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Provisioning 21CN ADSL uncapped is a request in with our engineering teams to change. Not actually as straight forward as it should be to change it, but it is down there.

Kelly Dorset
Plusnet
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 17-Apr-13 17:52:18
Print Post

[re: KellyD] [link to this post]

But it was literally months ago that was said Kelly smile.

It's one of the things that is highly visible to prospective customers. And the cap could very well cause unhappiness and that be spread by word of mouth outside these forums by large numbers of customers.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 54.2/15.2Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Wed 17-Apr-13 18:55:34
Print Post

In reply to a post by RobertoS:

Or maybe years: http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/plusnet/3777851-ups...

Oliver.
Standard User izools
(experienced) Thu 18-Apr-13 11:18:15
Print Post

In reply to a post by RobertoS:

It's one of the things that is highly visible to prospective customers. And the cap could very well cause unhappiness and that be spread by word of mouth outside these forums by large numbers of customers.

It must be said though that it isn't necessarily whether a problem exists that's an issue, rather how it is handled.

I much prefer being with PlusNet who may have a minor provisioning issue in their systems, but are aware of how to fix it and happy to do so literally overnight when someone mentions it to them, versus an ISP like Sky or Orange who wouldn't understand DLM or provisioning issues if you beat them round the head with it!

PlusNET - Excellent support!
ISP Representative KellyD
(isp) Thu 18-Apr-13 12:58:51
Print Post

Yep. Appreciate how long it's taking.

Kelly Dorset
Plusnet
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to