User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User tonyr1976
(newbie) Mon 22-Apr-13 14:03:49
Print Post

Billing date

[link to this post]

I've recently moved to plusnet from sky. The service itself is great, faster speeds and no traffic management. I was outside of Sky's areas and so had to have Sky's Broadband Connect service which is managed after 5pm, which basically sucked.

Anyway, when I signed up I asked plusnet about my payment date as I wanted to ensure that all my bills come out together. I was told it is from the date you order so I ordered on the 1st of the month. I've then found out that it is from when the broadband switched over which is half way through the month. I've asked to change this but I'm being told I can't.

It's a small but really annoying thing for me which is really bugging me, so much so I am considering moving away from them as soon as I can. I wouldn't mind but I was told one thing before joining them that was wrong and I can't see the big issue with moving it!

Has anyone had any joy moving their payment date?

T
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 22-Apr-13 16:38:26
Print Post

Re: Billing date

[re: tonyr1976] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by tonyr1976:
so much so I am considering moving away from them as soon as I can.
Rather drastic for such trivia. Just pay yourself on the 1st and PN will DD it on the 15th. No big deal!

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User kasg
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 22-Apr-13 16:51:30
Print Post

Anyway, when I signed up I asked plusnet about my payment date as I wanted to ensure that all my bills come out together.

Are you really saying that you have persuaded every organisation you deal with to bill you on the same day of the month? You must lead a very simple life!

Kevin

plusnet Unlimited Fibre - BQM
Using OpenDNS
Domains and web hosting with TSOHOST

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User tonyr1976
(newbie) Mon 22-Apr-13 17:05:44
Print Post

lol
Yes it is drastic I agree.

I personally just don't see the problem with being able to change it.
And yes, every other bill I have is billed on the 1st of each month. It's not a simple life, it's an organised life.
Standard User Wagstaff
(committed) Mon 22-Apr-13 17:12:23
Print Post

I was told it is from the date you order so I ordered on the 1st of the month.

It would be useful to know who told you this. Then, perhaps, Plusnet can advise the person of his/her error, so that it doesn't happen again.

Wagstaff

"It is a self-evident truth that things which are equal to the same things are equal to each other."
ISP Representative chrisparr
(isp) Mon 22-Apr-13 17:33:53
Print Post

It's not really straightforward to change billing dates due to the way our current billing system works. If you can PM me your username I'll see who told you that it'd be from date of order and make sure they know better in future, and see if there's anything we can do for you.

Chris Parr
Plusnet Support Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Mon 22-Apr-13 22:27:15
Print Post

Sky's system is pretty impressive in this respect, that they've built a change of billing date facility into the control panel.

Oliver.
ISP Representative chrispurvey
(isp) Tue 23-Apr-13 15:17:43
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

Hi tonyr1976,

I've dropped you a PM.

Chris Purvey
Plusnet Support Team
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User tonyr1976
(newbie) Tue 23-Apr-13 16:26:58
Print Post

[re: chrispurvey] [link to this post]

Thanks for your help guys.
ISP Representative chrispurvey
(isp) Tue 23-Apr-13 17:25:18
Print Post

I've just dropped you another PM smile

Chris Purvey
Plusnet Support Team
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to