User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User marcusjclifford
(committed) Tue 23-Apr-13 10:16:24
Print Post

Time to reconnect incorrectly cancelled line?

[link to this post]

Hi,
To summarise, an house move order was placed incorrectly on one of my accounts which resulted in an immediate cease of the Plusnet provided line and the broadband service.

Once it was identified what had happened the "fix" for this was to reconnect the phone service and then provide the broadband service on that.

The issue is that Plusnet say this will take at least 1 working day for the phone portion, and then 5-7 working days for the broadband part.

The line is in sync, and never dropped sync. It is just the PPP session that cannot be established.
One thing that has happened is dialing 17070 reports a different phone number, Plusnet advise this is just the ghost number and will be back to the original number when the line is reactivated.

Does it really take that long (in effect 10 days) to reactivate given the line is in sync so no actual physical work needs to be done?

Marcus

Aquiss Home 30
On Exchange ESSTC - via edinbugh-ipsc
Speedtouch 585v6 on BT Filtered Faceplate

Edited by marcusjclifford (Tue 23-Apr-13 10:18:00)

ISP Representative chrispurvey
(isp) Wed 24-Apr-13 15:40:03
Print Post

Re: Time to reconnect incorrectly cancelled line?

[re: marcusjclifford] [link to this post]

Hi there,

Unfortunately with the cease being placed on the line we have to start from scratch, the timescales you have given are the quickest this can be activated.

Given that the line is in sync should indicate that you could connect and it may be a pure fluke if I'm honest that it's your in sync.

Could you PM your username across and I'll take a look into that.

Regards,

Chris Purvey
Plusnet Support Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Thu 25-Apr-13 08:13:53
Print Post

[re: chrispurvey] [link to this post]

Why can't you order a simultaneous provide?

jelv

Plusnet user since November 2001

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

ISP Representative chrispurvey
(isp) Thu 25-Apr-13 11:01:19
Print Post

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

We've had a few issues with sim provides, we could offer this way although the timescales are pretty much the same.

Edited by chrispurvey (Thu 25-Apr-13 11:03:51)

The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 25-Apr-13 16:30:50
Print Post

I imagine a SIM provide will always default to the later of the two dates, or even later.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 54.2/15.2Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User jelv
(knowledge is power) Thu 25-Apr-13 20:18:03
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I don't see why that should be. On a home move I've twice done a simultaneous provide where BT supplied the phone and issued the sim provide code and Plusnet the broadband. Plusnet seem incapable of organising a simultaneous provide where they also provide the phone.

jelv

Plusnet user since November 2001
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 25-Apr-13 20:28:54
Print Post

I don't see the relevance of the providers. I was meaning the date allocated by Openreach.

On a house move I would expect the requested date to be so far ahead that OR could fit in.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 54.2/15.2Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Thu 25-Apr-13 22:12:00
Print Post

because a sim provide needs a larger time slot it takes longer to get an appointment.

This is evident when me and others ordered sim provide and had very long install dates, when I got my install expidited BT did this by splitting the voice and broadband installs to seperated dates.

BT Infinity 2 Since Dec 2012
Standard User marcusjclifford
(committed) Thu 25-Apr-13 23:47:04
Print Post

[re: chrispurvey] [link to this post]

Just to update, and close this. I returned home from work the same day that the phoneline was reactivated to find that I was able to connect. So this is an example of what can happen, the delays are purely down to "process".

It is incredibly frustrating that it could have taken upto 10 days to get back online, when in essence the changes could be made instantly, as it was it took about 18 hrs for the phone aspect to be rectified, and then following a chase phone call after that the broadband was only about 5 hours after that.

Things *can* happen quickly, it's just process and procedure that seems to get in the way.

Aquiss Home 30
On Exchange ESSTC - via edinbugh-ipsc
Speedtouch 585v6 on BT Filtered Faceplate
  Print Thread

Jump to