User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ultra
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 02-May-13 15:31:58
Print Post

RE: half price broadband deals end

[link to this post]

Just before my exchange gets Fibre...

... oh, but wait, as a loyal customer, Plus.Net won't care about offering me a discount anyway frown

---

If you run a business, have a second ISP and backup web hosting...
Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Thu 02-May-13 16:09:30
Print Post

Re: RE: half price broadband deals end

[re: ultra] [link to this post]

Didn't it say the deals for ADSL are ending but that there are still deals for fibre? That's what MrS's sticky seems to be saying.
Standard User LEEEVANS69
(newbie) Thu 02-May-13 16:21:18
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

Fibre isn't ending but the tcb rate is changing soon, ends in 5 days

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

ISP Representative orbrey
(isp) Thu 02-May-13 16:40:25
Print Post

You never know 'til you try - have a word with our COT team, see if they can do anything for you.

Regards,

Matthew Taylor
Plusnet Customer Support
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User ultra
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 02-May-13 17:00:31
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

Point is, an existing customer will not be eligible for any cashback from TCB or Quidco, and isn't even a new customer when upgrading to fibre in the way a new customer would, so probably gets excluded from half price rental deals. Saw a comment on another forum about the lack of information (unrelated to fibre, but not to the concept of keeping existing customers informed and offering them discounts too)... anyway, person was on a legacy unlimited account paying 25 quid a month, and then recently became aware of others paying only a tenner {9.99} and understandably felt pretty cross.

In my case, I rather doubt anyone in Plus.Net will authorise a deal worth a total of 150 quid (which is what was available back in January for customers switching, say from Be Unlimited) though there may be some chance of getting half price cost for a few months, I suppose.

I know Openreach is doing a special reduction to 30 pounds (until the end of June) for simultaneous provide of Fibre and a new line, but have already been told that discount won't make any difference as Plus.Net gives considerable discounts anyway (albeit for new customers, primarily).

---

Standard User ultra
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 02-May-13 17:01:27
Print Post

Further: I've a couple of choices, really... when it comes to getting a line and fibre:

a) pay ~60 quid to Primus for a line, and know the line rental is under a tenner without any prepayment requirement, then pay fibre install fee of 50 quid to Plus.Net, or

b) pay ~50 quid to Plus.Net for a new line, get Fibre as well, with installation fee waived, but to pay around 10 quid a month for line rental, I'd need to pay Plus.Net a further 120 quid or thereabouts up front.

---

Standard User ultra
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 02-May-13 17:05:06
Print Post

[re: orbrey] [link to this post]

COT Team ?

Care to expand your abbreviation for those not in the know, please ?

---

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 02-May-13 17:07:07
Print Post

Not at my main computer but believe the 6 month half price on fibre is continuing.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User ultra
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 02-May-13 17:16:50
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Yes, sorry, just me getting confused between here and somewhere else, where I saw mention of the cashback deals ending or changing... main point remains, only a portion of customers would have been able to make use of the Fibre trials to get installation and service already with some savings, and most savings seem directed only towards new customers as market share boosters, taking them from firms not doing fibre, or not doing it yet, or charging a small fortune for it...

---

Standard User kasg
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 02-May-13 17:18:58
Print Post

In reply to a post by ultra:
COT Team ?

Care to expand your abbreviation for those not in the know, please ?

Customer Options Team Team smile

Kevin

plusnet Unlimited Fibre - BQM
Using OpenDNS
Domains and web hosting with TSOHOST
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to