User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User LEEEVANS69
(newbie) Thu 02-May-13 16:17:27
Print Post

Shall be joining up soon

[link to this post]

Got my mac code from 02 have to wait 7 days before i can use it then i'll be over to FFTC.
Standard User NormanB
(experienced) Thu 02-May-13 16:54:55
Print Post

Re: Shall be joining up soon

[re: LEEEVANS69] [link to this post]

Why do you need to wait 7 days? The current plusnet offer ends in 5 days.
Standard User LEEEVANS69
(newbie) Thu 02-May-13 17:01:52
Print Post

[re: NormanB] [link to this post]

Something to do with being charged by 02 £15 iirc woopy doo, shall be using it before the offer ends smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ultra
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 02-May-13 17:03:19
Print Post

[re: NormanB] [link to this post]

I think the &^%$# don't "issue" the MAC for 7 days. They seem to take pleasure in mucking about rather than just press a key, get a code, and send it on as soon as they get it. They probably have it held in a queue not to be e-mailed out until the 7x24 hours is "up".

---

If you run a business, have a second ISP and backup web hosting...
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 02-May-13 17:26:25
Print Post

It seems to have been confirmed a few weeks ago that so long as the migration doesn't occur before the 7 days is up, there is no problem.

The requirement is to give 7 days notice of leaving. As your notice is deemed by O2 to start with the issue of the MAC you'll be safe in a couple of days. I believe anyway you get a choice of date during online signup, so you should be able to sort it out with that.

Though you can be pretty sure it will be later than the date you choose. Lots of people have got annoyed about that. I've never heard of it being earlier.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 54.2/15.2Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 02-May-13 17:27:37
Print Post

[re: ultra] [link to this post]

O2 MAC issue is within a couple of hours of request smile. There is just some ambiguous wording in the accompanying email/text.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 54.2/15.2Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User LEEEVANS69
(newbie) Thu 02-May-13 17:40:44
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

wording of email

Hello xxxxx

Here's your MAC key:xxxxx. You'll need to give this to your new broadband supplier, if you decide to leave. It expires on date: 31/05/2013.

If it expires and you still want to leave, call us and we'll get you a new one. If you'd like to stay, then you don't need to do a thing.

Don't forget our seven day notice period. As long as you wait seven days from the date you told us you wanted to leave, we won't charge you. If you're still in a contract though, we'll have to charge you for leaving it early.

Best regards,

Martin Bould
Head of Marketing

This email is sent from Telefónica UK Limited.
Registered Office:
260 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 4DX
Registered number: 1743099

Please do not reply. Use the links below instead:
Standard User LEEEVANS69
(newbie) Thu 02-May-13 17:41:26
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Plusnet offer the option of providing the MAC code at a later date too wink
Standard User johnjburness
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 02-May-13 17:52:41
Print Post

As Roberto says, the wording of the email is confusing!!

However, I've recently left O2 & I used my MAC within a couple of days of receiving it. This was based on O2 verbally confirming that the 7-days applies between MAC issue & date of changeover (NOT giving the MAC to new ISP).

My new ISP (BT) logged it into the system immediately & I received an automatic response from O2 acknowledging that I was leaving. Because the actual changeover date was later than 7 days after MAC issue, I was NOT penalised! In other words, this confirmed what I had been told!

Regards,
John
Standard User LEEEVANS69
(newbie) Thu 02-May-13 17:55:55
Print Post

[re: johnjburness] [link to this post]

Thanks for that shall start the ball rolling then smile
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to