User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Peterx14
(committed) Thu 02-May-13 22:50:59
Print Post

On track for Fibre - but what activation date?

[link to this post]

Hello,

I've placed my order for Unlimited Fibre, and I've received my Plusnet router today. When I placed the order, I'm pretty sure I picked 7th May AM as the time for the engineer... in the full knowledge that that might slip!

Since then, I've had a text message to say "Your broadband service is due to become active by midnight on 08/05/2013". And I've just logged into the Member Centre and it says "Your broadband order should complete on 08th May 2013 - After 12pm. Please note that this date can sometimes change. We'll let you know if this happens."

So does anyone know if/when things do get re-scheduled, how much notice they usually give?

Cheers!

--
IDNet Home Plus
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 02-May-13 23:18:54
Print Post

Re: On track for Fibre - but what activation date?

[re: Peterx14] [link to this post]

It's apparently normal for the activation day of your account to be stated as the day after the scheduled installation.

Ring and check the installation date if worried. Re the activation, if you follow the instructions in the booklet that came with the router, especially the 15-minute wait, with luck it should cause the activation. If 20-30 minutes go by, you may need to call support and prod them to activate the account.

Your biggest worry is that the engineer may just not turn up frown. There's a lot of this about with FTTC installations.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 54.2/15.2Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User Peterx14
(committed) Fri 03-May-13 01:03:51
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Thanks for the info!! laugh

--
IDNet Home Plus

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ultra
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 03-May-13 13:49:07
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
There's a lot of this about with FTTC installations.

Some interesting browser stats for visits from this site to that page over past16 hours or so...

---

If you run a business, have a second ISP and backup web hosting...
  Print Thread

Jump to