User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User OCdragon
(experienced) Fri 03-May-13 12:32:29
Print Post

My very smooth "unlimited Fibre installation" by Openreach!

[link to this post]

I migration from O2 ADSL2+ BB to Plusnet's unlimited fibre(broadband only) has completed this morning well ahead of schedule without any hiccups at all! My initial Appointment was 1 to 6PM today but the OR's engineer came at 9:30AM instead and performed all necessary OR's line-tests at my Master-socket as well. He used my existing twisted "ethernet grade" cable, with my permission, to extend the Master-Socket connection to my upstairs bedroom, whereby I also wanted him to install the OR's ECI modem and PN's router co-locatedly. This was probably saving times. Before that the OR engineer also ran DL/UL speed-tests at both my Master-socket and upstairs bedroom locations respectively in order to check I wouldn't be losing too much speed in extending my VDSL connection into my upstairs bedroom! He also setup the OR's modem and PN's router for me (i.e. all FOUR green lights on the PN's router.

I am currently getting around 65Mbps downstream and roughly 15Mbps upstream with roughly < 10ms TCP latency when checking with "thinkbroadband" test tool, but it has been very consistent when I checked that with BT OR's test tool as well. So I was very surprised to have such "good" outcomes both from OR services and line-speeds too. Because my initial speed estimates were: 41Mbps D/L and 7Mbps UL only..

I hope my line-speeds will stay that ways, and in fact only time will tell. I know some of you had received exact the "opposite [censored] OR services" but, might be I am just lucky., the OR Services I received today is very good and should be praised here!!!

Intel E4300 OC with 2GB RAMs,Speedtouch 585 Modem/Router and Windows XP Pro

O2 Standard ADSL2+ Broadband but moving to Plusnet fibre soon!!!
Standard User ultra
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 03-May-13 13:08:54
Print Post

Re: My very smooth "unlimited Fibre installation" by Openrea

[re: OCdragon] [link to this post]

Good to see it worked out for you... It would be good if OR would at least contact the customer when they are not going to visit in a pre-arranged time slot - for some people having the engineer arrive several hours early may have been quite inconvenient because of work or other plans... (eg asking for the afternoon off, and being in the office early to be sure they could leave at 12:30 or whenever).

On your e-mail query, I'd suggest just using GMail or similar, and divorce yourselves from ISP-based mail entirely. Over the years I've seen quite a few people finding their 'established' e-mail or web pages (possibly both) tied to their ISP mean they won't consider moving and therefore lose out on various deals.

---

If you run a business, have a second ISP and backup web hosting...
Standard User OCdragon
(experienced) Fri 03-May-13 14:31:05
Print Post

Re: My very smooth "unlimited Fibre installation" by Openrea

[re: ultra] [link to this post]

He did phone up to ask if it was O.K. for me rather than the scheduled time! On top of that I applied Plusnet Unlimited Fibre through their on-line processes about 7 days ago, and I had chosen this "earliest day" of 3rd May, Friday, 1 to 6PM to install my fibre line. This was happening quite punctually, as well as their Router HW by post, without any hiccups as well. So I must say both Plusnet and Openreach were doing quite well this time for me!!!!

Intel E4300 OC with 2GB RAMs,Speedtouch 585 Modem/Router and Windows XP Pro

O2 Standard ADSL2+ Broadband but moved to Plusnet unlimited fibre since this May!!!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to