User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User undergroove
(newbie) Wed 08-May-13 13:02:25
Print Post

possible return from Sky

[link to this post]

Afternoon people!

Currently with Sky and have been since 2008.... prior to that though I was with Plus.net and jumped only because of bundling in services with Sky at reduced cost.

Now that I'm going to ditch Sky for TV due to the ridiculous cost and not really getting much (other than Sky Atlantic) to show for the money, I'm thinking of returning to the Plus.net fold, as the service was great, as well as having a sweet deal that offers half price BB for 12 months.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this type of move, as I'd like to hear them.... current usage doesn't differ much from when I was last on PN, so web, mail, bit of XBox Live and now Netflix and other streaming thrown into the mix. Would be going unlimited and in terms of any chunky downloads, I'd be doing those overnight, as we're a good distance from the exchange and with no hope of getting fiber as yet.

Thoughts on a postcard please....
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 08-May-13 13:36:07
Print Post

Re: possible return from Sky

[re: undergroove] [link to this post]

Assuming it is cheaper than Sky after ditching the TV, go for it.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 54.2/15.2Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Wed 08-May-13 13:52:53
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Assuming it is cheaper than Sky after ditching the TV, go for it.

Sky (without TV) and Plusnet are both £10 for unlimited ADSL so not much to choose on price (other than introductory discounts of course). Line rental prices are also very similar.

@OP Sky retentions would probably make a similar deal to Plusnet's introductory offer. Perhaps threaten to leave, and actually do it if no offer is forthcoming.

Oliver.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User johnjburness
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 08-May-13 13:54:17
Print Post

I would suggest, if you are interested in PN, just transferring in as a totally new Customer (i.e. ignore the fact that you had a previous username etc)!

Just over a year ago I tried to "return" to PN (i.e. complete with my original username, etc) & PN made a pigs-ear of it!! IMHO, most of the problems were attributable to the fact that they were NOT geared up for "Returning-Customers"!

Regards,
John
Standard User RapsterUK
(newbie) Wed 08-May-13 16:40:26
Print Post

[re: johnjburness] [link to this post]

No, they're not geared up for returning customers. A friend had the same problems when trying to reinstate his account with Plusnet. It eventually held up his re-activation and they ended up just opening a new account.

Virgin, on the other hand don't even try to reinstate your old account. I recently returned to Virgin cable after an absence of 10 months (due to over-utilisation issues) and even though they recognised and found my previous account, their system is geared to advance the previous account number by 1 digit and start a new account with the new number. So, for instance, old_account=00123; new_account=00124.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 08-May-13 19:07:15
Print Post

[re: RapsterUK] [link to this post]

That's clever tongue. How much of a gap do they leave between your original account number and the next one they use for someone else, so as to allow for multiple iterations of your move?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.

Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User ukhardy07
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 09-May-13 12:04:40
Print Post

You are happy with sky BB right?
If it ain't broke don't fix it!!

Just ditch the tele. That's how I feel Anyho
Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Thu 09-May-13 12:07:50
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ukhardy07:
Just ditch the tele. That's how I feel Anyho

Yeah, not having TV only increases broadband by £2.50 which shouldn't be a deal breaker for most people.

Oliver.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 09-May-13 14:20:11
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

Is it only £2.50 difference now? It used to be £5 I think.

Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Thu 09-May-13 15:55:26
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Is it only £2.50 difference now? It used to be £5 I think.

The £5 premium is for people who don't take Sky Talk.

Oliver.
  Print Thread

Jump to