User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | [13] | 14 | 15 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User DavidFinbarr
(freechataholic) Sat 11-May-13 16:32:21
Print Post

Re: Finding Plusnet Broadband only

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
It's an extremely idiotic trial that makes it impossible to access broadband packages that do not require line rental!

Looks like a trial to see if they hide it they get more line rentals.
Not so honest BB IMHO

A bottle of white, a bottle of red
Perhaps a bottle of rosé instead.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 11-May-13 16:44:53
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/5824-entanet-adds...

The addition is unlimited on WBC network, though starting at £19.99 for ADSL2+, presume the £41.49 is 80/20 FTTC.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User ultra
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 12-May-13 09:03:12
Print Post

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

I have screen shots from Chrome and Safari from about noon yesterday, before I started chat (because Safari popped up a chat invitation), and Safari, unlike Chrome, did show Broadband Only.

At 18:00 Saturday, Chrome was showing Broadband Only... on both iMac systems, so I assume the 'test' is over. (I tried it on a second iMac in case the first had some cookie set when I logged into the user portal).

Here's what happened when I asked. Total 'chat' connection 20 minutes, of which about 15 minutes was waiting... I think Plus.Net should not pop-up a prompt really, just let potential sales ask, like many other sites do... as it looks bad when there's then quite a delay...

info: Welcome to our Live Chat service. A member of our sales team will be with you shortly.
info: Sorry for the wait, one of our sales team will be with you soon.
info: You're now chatting to xxxxx.
PNsales: Hi, my name is xxxxx, I'm here to help you with your Plusnet order today.
PNsales: How may I help you with your order today?

Me: I wondered why the web site doesn't show 'Broadband Only' packages on some browsers?
PNsales: It will be dependant of which information you put into the checker
PNsales: If your property has an active BT landline you will get the option for Broadband only

Me: Could you check whether fibre is available for 0151 9xx xxxx (post code L20xxxx) please ?
PNsales: To check availability and pricing - please click here - then enter your details. It will then generate results on my end, so please get back to me so that I can help further.
PNsales: This will bring up the info on ym end
PNsales: my*

Me: I checked the other day and it doesn't show fibre (on Plus.Net or BT Broadband) but an Openreach engineer says this area is enabled.

PNsales: Unfortunately we don't have full details about future fibre dates via this chat as we only have access to the website, sorry about that. However our team on 0800 432 0200 or 0345 140 0200 should be able to help further.

Me: right. bye then
PNsales: Sorry about that Peter
PNsales: Thank you for chatting with me today, Plusnet values your feedback. Please click the "End chat" button at top right to close the chat.

info: A copy of this chat will be sent to dfplusnetkeepyouwaitingagesthencannotansweranyway.5.myrealm@dfgh.net when you've finished.

---

If you run a business, have a second ISP and backup web hosting...

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Pyrii
(learned) Sun 12-May-13 09:26:11
Print Post

[re: ultra] [link to this post]

Everything about this company seems to be misleading, removing broadband-only packages from their website, displaying half-price offers in ads without saying that you need to get a phone-package from them, charging you £5.99 for a "Free Router" just so they can post it to you (Is Plus.net run by Ryanair?)

Plus they have the most obnoxious and annoying advertising campaign on TV and on their website at the moment that I'd be willing to pay more just to spite Plus.net's marketing section.
Standard User ultra
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 12-May-13 09:32:07
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by professor973:
I am not particularly talking unlimited or fibre, but customer service, price and quality of service, from the likes of Zen or Enta. Freeola in my case.

I'll have a look to see how Zen and Enta-based services compare, to see what you consider a slightly higher price.

Certainly in the case of Freeola, (at double what the Market 3 price is for my unlimited service from Plus.Net {not yet on fibre, and it would be quadruple the amount I actually pay}), I'd see no reason to consider them.

Understoods, Freeola was not the one you intended comparison with, as it is quite costly (as far as I am concerned). I just compared the two... to see how the 'extras' stack up.

While a static IP isn't free on PN, they only charge a small one-off fee (5 quid) (my account is old so I had one anyway from years ago) and as for web hosting, then for a bit less than you spend each year on Freeola, I use Plus.Net with no traffic limits, and a Xilo hosting reseller account, which provides plenty of web space (5 GB) for as many domains as I wish to use.

Admittedly I did get 12 months of hosting for the price of 11, just by asking, but I prefer to have web hosting and e-mail separated from my ISP, and Xilo's standalone hosting serves me well.

---

If you run a business, have a second ISP and backup web hosting...
Standard User blfamily
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 12-May-13 11:41:00
Print Post

[re: Pyrii] [link to this post]

You don't "have" to take the Plusnet Router.
12mth contract on PN Broadband unlimited without phone
Month 1 £34.99, month 2 onwards £9.99
12 mth contract to PN Broadband Essentials without phone
Month 1 £30.99, month 2 onwards £5.99

http://www.plus.net/home-broadband/broadband-only/

Steve
Plusnet Fibre coming soon!
Standard User kasg
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 12-May-13 18:02:30
Print Post

[re: ultra] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ultra:
At 18:00 Saturday, Chrome was showing Broadband Only... on both iMac systems, so I assume the 'test' is over. (I tried it on a second iMac in case the first had some cookie set when I logged into the user portal).

I still don't see Broadband Only with any browser on any device.

Kevin

plusnet Unlimited Fibre - BQM
Using OpenDNS
Domains and web hosting with TSOHOST
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Sun 12-May-13 19:30:45
Print Post

[re: kasg] [link to this post]

Cleared cookies and opened IE8 which I rarely use when compared to using FF, I then typed in the PN url and this is what appeared:-

[img]http://s23.postimg.org/qogjfdwuz/PN_BB_only.png[/img]

Alastair

omadasafisho
Standard User kasg
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 12-May-13 19:35:46
Print Post

[re: Apprentice] [link to this post]

Just tried the same with IE10, clearing all history and cookies, and I also now see the Broadband only options. I thought it might be my IP address, but obviously not.

Kevin

plusnet Unlimited Fibre - BQM
Using OpenDNS
Domains and web hosting with TSOHOST
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 12-May-13 19:59:01
Print Post

[re: Pyrii] [link to this post]

To be honest, as I now do the updating of our provider lists. It is not just Plusnet that are like this, all the major providers and a good few smaller ones have confusing pages, with odd links to old package information.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | [13] | 14 | 15 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to