User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User d3fin3d
(committed) Tue 21-May-13 02:51:13
Print Post

Fibre ordered, but not without hiccups.

[link to this post]

Earlier today I received my MAC and began the switch over from Xilo 16mb/1mb ADSL to Plusnet Fibre Unlimited.

During signup I was expected to be presented with the choice of installation dates, however the page seemed to be skipped, leaving me completely clueless as to when I'd need to be around for an engineer.

All instances of "We'll arrange for your fibre broadband service to be installed. This will happen on one of the dates you've chosen:" do not have a date listed after it.

Following my purchase, the broadband order tracker appears to be stuck at:

Checking your line: We've found a potential problem on your telephone line. We'll look into this and will be in contact with you shortly.

Having read up on this, it seems it could be caused by either an incorrect MAC or MAC entry (I copied mine directly from an email), or some sort of erroneous processing on the part of plus.net.

Alternatively, could these issues be due to my broadband line still being on BT and not plus.net?

Any help/advice would be appreciated.
ISP Representative KellyD
(isp) Tue 21-May-13 10:09:09
Print Post

Re: Fibre ordered, but not without hiccups.

[re: d3fin3d] [link to this post]

Definitely something not right there! Can you message me with your username so we can have a look at it for you?

Kelly Dorset
Plusnet
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User narz
(member) Tue 21-May-13 13:36:15
Print Post

[re: KellyD] [link to this post]

I've also got this same problem, no option to select a date was presented to me.

Did you manage to resolve this?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User d3fin3d
(committed) Tue 21-May-13 13:47:21
Print Post

[re: KellyD] [link to this post]

Thanks for the quick response.

The problem seems to have fixed itself.

I received a text confirming the installation date and the broadband order status page is now reading: Checking your line: "We've run some checks on your telephone line and everything looks to be fine.".

The only issue that's slightly concerning now is that my installation date is in around 10 days while my phone line switch/activation from BT to Plusnet has been said to take 2-3 weeks.

Will the phone line switch and broadband installation be coordinated to happen at roughly the same time or is there a chance that there may be a down period between the broadband installation and the line switch?

Thanks for your help.
Standard User shalom2005
(committed) Tue 21-May-13 13:51:52
Print Post

Usually the order is fibre then (10 days later) the BT phone line. That's what happened to mine.

Best Regards

Steven, Chigwell, Essex
plusnet
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/button/13634...
ISP Representative chrispurvey
(isp) Tue 21-May-13 16:46:40
Print Post

[re: shalom2005] [link to this post]

Hi narz,

Can you message me over your username and I'll take a look for you?

Chris Purvey
Plusnet Support Team
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 21-May-13 17:32:02
Print Post

In reply to a post by d3fin3d:
The only issue that's slightly concerning now is that my installation date is in around 10 days while my phone line switch/activation from BT to Plusnet has been said to take 2-3 weeks.

Will the phone line switch and broadband installation be coordinated to happen at roughly the same time or is there a chance that there may be a down period between the broadband installation and the line switch?
A response from the PN bods would be better, but you don't need to worry about this.

The only problem could have been if you had been on O2 Home Phone, in case it got a PSTN Cease placed on it by them after you migrated.

As it is with BT it's just an "accounting" change for the line rental and call charges, that you won't even notice.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 54.2/15.2Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User LEEEVANS69
(member) Tue 21-May-13 17:44:28
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I was with O2 for phone and adsl.

The broadband is changed before the phone line, which is roughly 10 days after the broadband is live.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 21-May-13 18:07:20
Print Post

[re: LEEEVANS69] [link to this post]

Yes, but IIRC PN now take great care over these, as there were a few cases earlier where they weren't able to take the line over due to Cease orders having been placed by O2. All got sorted in time, but it was very worrying for the people concerned.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 54.2/15.2Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
ISP Representative KellyD
(isp) Wed 22-May-13 09:19:47
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Yeah, we'd like a username so we can check the accounts and try and work out why the journey didn't set any expectations around install dates.

Kelly Dorset
Plusnet
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to