User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User markwalsh
(newbie) Wed 29-May-13 20:32:03
Print Post

FTTP Info....

[link to this post]

Hi

Can anyone help and let me have some info on the FTTP trial, mainly speed options and price. Want to compare the packages against BT Infinity 160 and others

Thanks
Standard User blfamily
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 29-May-13 21:45:27
Print Post

Re: FTTP Info....

[re: markwalsh] [link to this post]

http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,8363...

Steve
Plusnet Fibre!
Standard User markwalsh
(newbie) Thu 30-May-13 08:09:00
Print Post

[re: blfamily] [link to this post]

Thanks for the link - already been on the forum but it doesn't give any info on if there is space on the trial or price/speed. Someone was asking the same sort of question in November and there is no response. Don't want to sign up for ADSL with Plusnet and then be tied into a contract and not have access to FTTP.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

ISP Representative orbrey
(isp) Thu 30-May-13 08:55:08
Print Post

Hi there,

If you're already a customer there's some details on the FTTP trial at http://trials.plus.net - but that does require a sign in. If you're not a customer let me know and I'll try and get some info for you if you let me know what it is you're after smile

Regards,

Matthew Taylor
Plusnet Customer Support
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User markwalsh
(newbie) Thu 30-May-13 17:07:36
Print Post

[re: orbrey] [link to this post]

Hi Matthew

I'm not currently a Plus net customer so can't access the portal site. I wanted to know the speeds available and the costs. What I'm trying to avoid is signing up for ADSL for 12/24 months and then finding out that I can't have FTTP when I can order it now from someone else

Mark
ISP Representative orbrey
(isp) Thu 30-May-13 17:26:00
Print Post

Basically you'd be on one of our FTTC products with the same price/usage allowances. We're also doing either up to 40Mb or up to 80Mb speeds, I'm afraid even if a faster FTTP speed is available you'd be limited to whichever of the two you chose.

We are still signing people up to it though, if that sounds at all tempting?

If so, best bet is to sign up for an ADSL account and then visit the trials link I posted above and we'll get things sorted for you.

Regards,

Matthew Taylor
Plusnet Customer Support
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User WWWombat
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 30-May-13 21:07:45
Print Post

[re: orbrey] [link to this post]

Though obviously, while FTTC is definitely "up to", depending on the distance, the FTTP service will be a definite 40 and 80.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Thu 30-May-13 21:10:32
Print Post

[re: WWWombat] [link to this post]

You would think that, but BT's IP profile system and Plusnet's Line speed profile system might have other ideas.

__________________________________________________________________________The back pedalling starts here__________________
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 30-May-13 22:23:46
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Explain?

Fixed connection speed so notional ip profile will be the same all the time on fttp. Just varies according to which gea speed price point is ordered

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Thu 30-May-13 22:32:31
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

There's no need for an IP profile on FTTP as far as I can see, but there's reports on the BT Community forums of FTTP slowdowns

__________________________________________________________________________The back pedalling starts here__________________
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to