User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Tam
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 02-Jun-13 22:38:01
Print Post

Old user - frustrating web signup (lack of it!)

[link to this post]

Hi all !

Fibre has eventually found its way to my estate (2 years after the exchange was upgraded!) - looking around, now that Plus.net have an unlimited (but more importantly non traffic priority product) I'm looking at potentially moving back.

However, it seems that if you have a plus.net account already, you can log into the member portal, but not upgrade it from PAYG back to a dsl or fibre product. The links are there, you can click on them, but you just go round in a circle always ending up at the help assistant page as soon as you select the package of your choice.

Called plus.net to work out if there is an issue, but seems no - I cannot use their web-site to upgrade myself I have to call sales during the week (sales don't work at 10:30pm on a Sunday night!)

Whilst certainly the member portal seems to have been developed somewhat in the 5 or so years I think I've been away, sadly the frustration of it not being able to do something that should be simple still remains I see. frown

Is this an omen for what is to come? Especially as I have to take an 18month contract.... Regretting it slightly already and not even managed to upgrade/sign up yet.

Hrrmm :/

Will try and call sales during the week and see what can be done.

Tam

Powered By O2 - Sync'd at 2756 / 916 (ATTN 63dB / SNR 6dB) - LLU The entire town has FTTC except my estate! - Blooming BT!!! frown!
Standard User NormanB
(experienced) Sun 02-Jun-13 22:52:55
Print Post

Re: Old user - frustrating web signup (lack of it!)

[re: Tam] [link to this post]

I had this issue. PN are unable to upgrade old accounts to fibre. I had to create a new account and raise a ticket for PN to migrate my referrals to it. I also retained my old account as PAYG.

plusnet -> entanet -> Andrews & Arnold -> BE -> plusnet Fibre
Standard User Tam
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 02-Jun-13 22:55:47
Print Post

[re: NormanB] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by NormanB:
I had this issue. PN are unable to upgrade old accounts to fibre. I had to create a new account and raise a ticket for PN to migrate my referrals to it. I also retained my old account as PAYG.

Seriously? That's crazy...

I too have referrals etc on this account, be a pain in the rear to have to manage two accounts.. pah.. was bad enough having to cope with 1 account when Plus.net web-mail servers got hacked and all the addresses stolen from them.. even now I still get spam from that breach. frown

Might carry on looking around, see what sky can offer me (seems they only do 40mb though - weird..)

Tam

Powered By O2 - Sync'd at 2756 / 916 (ATTN 63dB / SNR 6dB) - LLU The entire town has FTTC except my estate! - Blooming BT!!! frown!

Edited by Tam (Sun 02-Jun-13 22:58:05)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User NormanB
(experienced) Sun 02-Jun-13 23:01:13
Print Post

In reply to a post by Tam:
I too have referrals etc on this account, be a pain in the rear to have to manage two accounts.. pah.. was bad enough having to cope with 1 account when Plus.net web-mail servers got hacked and all the addresses stolen from them.. even now I still get spam from that breach. frown

An my referrals are now on my new account. The only management required on my old account is to collect the emails. Easy.

plusnet -> entanet -> Andrews & Arnold -> BE -> plusnet Fibre
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 02-Jun-13 23:22:29
Print Post

In reply to a post by Tam:

Might carry on looking around, see what sky can offer me (seems they only do 40mb though - weird..)
LMAO
Sky do have 80/20 ...
You can't order it online, you have to ring up! "Seriously? That's crazy."

Re two accounts - as has been said, you can transfer the referrals. And ever since you left, you've been managing two tongue.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 53.4/16.8Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User Tam
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 03-Jun-13 15:59:29
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Ok, well I took the risk, seems I need to just create a new account and leave the old one running beside it..

Have signed up for 80Mb fibre and to switch my line rental to them.....

4 hours later - ticket ref:70295703 pops through

Welcome to plus.net - here's your new phone number .........

ERRRRR... NO!

Called support - seems someone has followed the wrong process and ordered me a new phone line instead of a transfer ......

Poor start ... It's gotta get better hasn't it?

Tam