User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User eryn_kathleen
(newbie) Thu 13-Jun-13 00:07:37
Print Post

Switchover day

[link to this post]

I'm having a similar issue to a recent OP (theboylard) here. Switching from O2 to Plusnet, supposedly today (13th), but I've been without broadband for about 7 hours already (since around 5pm on the 12th) Got an email from O2 to say that they've figured out I'm leaving about two hours after the service went down, but no updates from Plusnet so far. At first I figured it would just be a temporary glitch on the line while the switchover takes place, but now I'm getting anxious that I could be without internet all day tomorrow (if "midnight on 13 June" actually means 11.59pm on 13 June) since I usually work from home on Thursdays.

Is it common for the line to be down for such a long time?
Standard User professor973
(committed) Thu 13-Jun-13 00:39:03
Print Post

Re: Switchover day

[re: eryn_kathleen] [link to this post]

A look in the ISP Unhappiness section, will show some ISPs take up to a month to get things up and running, though to be fair, most of that time is often waiting for a ticket to be answered lol

The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits.
http://speedtest.net/result/2690543838.png
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 13-Jun-13 00:47:35
Print Post

No - you should only have been down for a few minutes. There seem to have been a few like his recently, but it is a newish problem.

I had a similar thing happening when I changed my router recently, although I've been with PN well over two years and done that a few times before.

The 15-minute wait for the auto-connect just didn't complete. It always used to before. In the end I rang support, and what they asked me to do was go into the router (582n) interface, under Broadband connection, and do a disconnect then connect from there. That worked first time, but he said it sometimes needs doing twice.

The phone helpline is supposed to be 24/7 as well. They should be able to fix it straight away.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 53.4/16.8Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Edited by RobertoS (Thu 13-Jun-13 00:48:34)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User eryn_kathleen
(newbie) Thu 13-Jun-13 02:45:06
Print Post

Well I'm very impressed with customer service so far! I called about an hour ago and got through to someone immediately. He got it sorted for me in five minutes and I'm good to go!
Standard User kasg
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 13-Jun-13 09:50:31
Print Post

Don't tell everyone, some people here will have nothing to talk about if that carries on wink

Kevin

plusnet Unlimited Fibre - BQM
Using OpenDNS
Domains and web hosting with TSOHOST
Standard User Oliver341
(knowledge is power) Thu 13-Jun-13 12:45:24
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I just posted about this elsewhere. The issue seems to be that the LLU to BTw migration can happen early in the morning, whereas the PPPoA server refuses logins until late evening when the account is activated by Plusnet.

Oliver.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 13-Jun-13 14:25:47
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

The migration apparently completed around 5pm.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.

Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User blfamily
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 13-Jun-13 17:16:18
Print Post

[re: kasg] [link to this post]

laugh

Steve
Plusnet Fibre!
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 13-Jun-13 19:30:15
Print Post

[re: blfamily] [link to this post]

Here's another one yesterday. Containing
I also switched to Plusnet and have experienced nothing but pure satisfaction and 19.6mb download speed and total line stability with an SNR of 3.1

I know all ISP's can have their problems from time to time, but it's reassuring to know that I can converse with the Plusnet guys in Sheffield in a number of ways (phone, email, forum etc) and they KNOW what I'm talking about - no script monkeys here.

Print Thread

Jump to