User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User ukoffline
(learned) Sun 16-Jun-13 12:19:25
Print Post

changing phone provider help

[link to this post]

Hi
I have received my mac code from o2 and would like to sign up for a phone and fibre deal, however as I am currently staying at my mums I am worried about the fact that the existing internet + the mac code (o2) is in my name while the phone is in my mums name (bt).
Should I just order the whole thing in my mums name and if so would the mac code be a problem ?
Many thanks
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 16-Jun-13 14:32:20
Print Post

Re: changing phone provider help

[re: ukoffline] [link to this post]

The MAC would be fine, the name is irrelevant.

But!

You say you are "staying there". First, is your mum happy for the line rental to be moved to an 18-month minimum term with PlusNet? Have you fully considered the things that are included by BT but chargeable at PlusNet? There's more to phone charges and hidden extras than the rental.

Second - have you thought about what happens if and when you decide to migrate the broadband elsewhere or cease it at your mum's because you have moved out? As I understand it, these days - contrary to what a PlusNet rep said here several years ago, the PlusNet line rental would have to end as well and the line be transferred elsewhere.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 53.4/16.8Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User ukoffline
(learned) Sun 16-Jun-13 14:43:15
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Thanks Robert that's a lot to consider. I may just go with bt infiniti as moving seems a lot of grief to save £6 a month, also the £100 Sainsburys voucher is a nice touch.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 16-Jun-13 16:46:23
Print Post

[re: ukoffline] [link to this post]

Well I think PlusNet is very good, but Infinity has an awful lot going for it these days. Such as the WiFi in most places, and now BT Spot. (Though I think that is only free for the first year).

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.

Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 16-Jun-13 17:18:37
Print Post

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
and now BT Spot. (Though I think that is only free for the first year).
You can cure that in under a year with the right ointment.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User professor973
(committed) Sun 16-Jun-13 17:32:12
Print Post

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Well I think PlusNet is very good, but Infinity has an awful lot going for it these days. Such as the WiFi in most places, and now BT Spot. (Though I think that is only free for the first year).

I expect BT 'Spot' will turn up on Vipbox with the rest for free. Wi-Fi handy in this day and age though. People knock BT, but Fibre has dragged many back & will continue to do so. Their customer services don't throw up anywhere near as many cockups here despite their number of customers. Don't like the long tie-in, but remember the discounts each year for renewing. After all the chasing round, if I move my line again, it will be with B.T, if only to make some things easier.

The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits.
http://speedtest.net/result/2690543838.png

Edited by professor973 (Sun 16-Jun-13 19:19:29)

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 16-Jun-13 18:17:49
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

LOL
I saw my typo just before I F5'ed, so hadn't seen your reply. I think in the light of that I'll leave it unedited.

Print Thread

Jump to