User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User LEEEVANS69
(member) Thu 27-Jun-13 18:51:56
Print Post

Had to phone plusnet today........

[link to this post]

Internet went red on the router, guy i spoke too sorted within 15 minutes, re-set something his end, back online.
Top job, polite, and a free call too.
Standard User Damoxuk
(learned) Thu 27-Jun-13 19:05:51
Print Post

Re: Had to phone plusnet today........

[re: LEEEVANS69] [link to this post]

What? A Post what isn't a complain?

Hehe.
Standard User LEEEVANS69
(member) Thu 27-Jun-13 19:27:48
Print Post

[re: Damoxuk] [link to this post]

I know it's not the norm, but credit where credit is due.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Damoxuk
(learned) Thu 27-Jun-13 19:33:19
Print Post

Hehe good because i'm hoping to join plusnet in August.
Standard User reserved
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 27-Jun-13 21:35:18
Print Post

In reply to a post by LEEEVANS69:
Internet went red on the router, guy i spoke too sorted within 15 minutes, re-set something his end, back online.
Top job, polite, and a free call too.

That's Plusnet for you wink

Dennis
plusnet Unlimited & talkanytime
Standard User psprog
(committed) Sat 29-Jun-13 20:53:44
Print Post

[re: reserved] [link to this post]

Excellent.

I've just signed up to Plusnet (line and fibre), leaving Sky (their 20Meg LLU ADSL is great, but their 80/20 fibre product is stupidly expensive and I need more speed). I signed up to BT online last weekend to take advantage of their £120 Quidco + £100 Sainsbury voucher but it all went Pete Tong.

Such a bad experience, nothing tracked on Quidco, my order was stuck and I ended up getting a call from BT 5 days later where they manually entered my order (why?) which meant I was no longer eligible for the cashback. Plus the fact that I can't create a BT online account until I have an account number, and that I have to wait for a physical bill to arrive before setting up a direct debit. And their 'line rental saver' that I'd signed up for was ignored. Terrible! Oh, and the dreaded foreign call centre where the guy knew nothing about Quidco and cashback. I could see trouble ahead so cancelled.

Signing up to Plusnet was a joy by comparison. Easy signup, choice of dates and slots for engineer visit, DD setup already and online account created and accessible so I can monitor progress. Quidco tracked within hours too..

Just hope it's as good as everyone says once I'm connected!

My first internet connection at home was in 1992 at 2400 baud to a guy who had a few Sun Sparc workstations and peeps could dial-in to access newsgroups etc. Looking forward to some proper speed with 80/20 hehe.. How times have changed wink

Edited by psprog (Sat 29-Jun-13 21:04:26)

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 29-Jun-13 21:34:28
Print Post

[re: psprog] [link to this post]

As it should be. But it is highly likely the date and slot you asked for, (which I believe comes out daily from Openreach) will have been taken long before you ordered. Which means when Openreach process the order they will reply to PlusNet with something later than you expected frown.

Apart from that, all should be fine. If you don't find the allocated slot convenient ring PN ASAP to get it changed.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 53.4/16.8Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User zom22
(regular) Sat 29-Jun-13 21:38:30
Print Post

Now to me the real question is what did they do/not do/whatever to make a perfectly functional line suddenly stop working in the first place.
Standard User Pipexer
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 29-Jun-13 22:34:00
Print Post

[re: zom22] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by zom22:
Now to me the real question is what did they do/not do/whatever to make a perfectly functional line suddenly stop working in the first place.

Indeed.

Zen 8000 Pro
Standard User psprog
(committed) Sun 30-Jun-13 13:00:22
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I booked as late a slot as possible as I want to minimise the overlap with Sky as my contract with them doesn't end until early Aug, so hopefully one of my slots will be available this far out..
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to