User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User davetel
(learned) Thu 04-Jul-13 12:46:21
Print Post

Landline, if was to move BB i from PN in future

[link to this post]

As an eventual O2 refugee, does anyone know if I switch phone (BT for 29yrs) as well as BB to PlusNet, if say I wanted to move BB away at some point, would I have to move the phone as well or could I keep it with PN? I have spoken with CS who seem unable to answer and I have not found info on their site (probably there somewhere).

The main reason is to really to keep phone on BT's system., and cost to a degree. My m/phone contract is up with 02 next month so discount will go anyway as I'm jumping ship due no signal and constant dropouts.

Edited by davetel (Thu 04-Jul-13 12:51:56)

Standard User professor973
(committed) Thu 04-Jul-13 13:06:21
Print Post

Re: Landline, if was to move BB i from PN in future

[re: davetel] [link to this post]

You cannot put phone with Plusnet without placing Broadband with them also. At the last count, they would allow you to then take broadband away and leave the phone with them. Not heard of any change to that. There is also the Post Office for phone only (cheap) and Broadband with PN.

The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits.
http://speedtest.net/result/2690543838.png

Edited by professor973 (Thu 04-Jul-13 13:13:36)

Standard User davetel
(learned) Thu 04-Jul-13 17:12:50
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by professor973:
At the last count, they would allow you to then take broadband away and leave the phone with them. Not heard of any change to that.

Cheers food for thought.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(committed) Sat 06-Jul-13 22:29:50
Print Post

[re: davetel] [link to this post]

Primus Saver are now doing unlimited if you can afford £2 per month!
http://www.primussaver.co.uk/agent/hpc01/phone-and-b...

Post Office Home phone Anytime - Freeola Family Broadband.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 07-Jul-13 00:26:02
Print Post

[re: professor973] [link to this post]

Package only available in Primus Saver network area
Their network area is unspecified.
An 18 month contract applies. Customers preferring to receive a paper bill are charged an additional £2 per month. Customers preferring to pay for the service by means other than Direct Debit will be charged an additional £2 per month.
There is one good point tongue. If you pay the line rental up front each twelve months then decide to stop doing so, then it says at least the following month's line rental will be £14.90. I don't expect that's what they mean, but ....

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 53.4/16.8Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
(committed) Wed 10-Jul-13 19:15:50
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Package only available in Primus Saver network area
Their network area is unspecified.
An 18 month contract applies. Customers preferring to receive a paper bill are charged an additional £2 per month. Customers preferring to pay for the service by means other than Direct Debit will be charged an additional £2 per month.
There is one good point tongue. If you pay the line rental up front each twelve months then decide to stop doing so, then it says at least the following month's line rental will be £14.90. I don't expect that's what they mean, but ....

Plus £2.50 for caller display. Still only £6:50 a month. Found I was in their 'Network area' and then the killer punch - It's TT LLU <Spit> Though still a fraction of any other way to get there.

Post Office Home phone Anytime - Freeola Family Broadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to