User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User djh22
(experienced) Mon 08-Jul-13 13:57:09
Print Post

Line stats

[link to this post]

Moved from BT to Plusnet today,should have been tomorrow but for some reason BTOR acted early, I awoke this morning with no internet connection so I phoned BT and they told me that the ADSL was with Plusnet, phoned Plusnet and they confirmed early migration and manually did something to complete the set up.
All very nice but I'm a bit concerned about the Up load stats with Plusnet which are as follows copied from the Technicolor router log -

xDSL linestate up (ITU-T G.992.5; downstream: 16833 kbit/s, upstream: 448 kbit/s; output Power Down: 20.8 dBm, Up: 12.0 dBm; line Attenuation Down: 23.0 dB, Up: 11.6 dB; snr Margin Down: 6.1 dB, Up: 22.0 dB)

My stats with BT were 19,124 kbs down - noise 4.00 , up 1096 kbps - noise 5.00.

Any ideas please ?

Ta,
Del.

Edited by djh22 (Mon 08-Jul-13 13:57:50)

ISP Representative orbrey
(isp) Mon 08-Jul-13 14:15:32
Print Post

Re: Line stats

[re: djh22] [link to this post]

Your upload has been capped at 448kb/s as part of the move over, sorry about that. If you could PM me your Plusnet username or post a ticket ID in this thread we'll be able to find your account and get that sorted out for you.

Regards,

Matthew Taylor
Plusnet Customer Support
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User lt567
(committed) Mon 08-Jul-13 14:16:46
Print Post

If you have just moved bear in mind the 10 day training period, let things settle down first and the DSLAM will give you the best stats it can. If you still have problems after that then they may be able to help.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User djh22
(experienced) Mon 08-Jul-13 14:22:42
Print Post

[re: orbrey] [link to this post]

Thanks Orbrey , PM sent.
(isp) Mon 08-Jul-13 14:36:50
Print Post

Cheers for that - the order's placed for you and should complete tomorrow, hope it improves things for you.

Regards,

Matthew Taylor
Plusnet Customer Support
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 08-Jul-13 17:13:17
Print Post

Isn't it time this got fixed? It has been seen to worry several possible sign-ups here, and opens the door for general bad-mouthing of PN which also has a cumulative effect via google.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 53.4/16.8Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Mon 08-Jul-13 19:05:16
Print Post

Your upload has been capped at 448kb/s as part of the move over

The number of times I've read posts about that slow upload speed I thought it was standard PN practise to provide it, not an error tongue smile

Alastair

omadasafisho
Standard User djh22
(experienced) Tue 09-Jul-13 08:34:33
Print Post

Thanks orbrey, things have improved slightly -
revised stats =
Jul 9 01:56:24 xDSL linestate up (ITU-T G.992.5; downstream: 17493 kbit/s, upstream: 976 kbit/s; output Power Down: 20.8 dBm, Up: 11.9 dBm;line Attenuation Down: 23.0 dB, Up: 11.6 dB; snr Margin Down: 6.1 dB, Up: 5.0 dB)
(isp) Tue 09-Jul-13 09:03:06
Print Post

That's more like it smile Hope that's better.

Regards,

Matthew Taylor
Plusnet Customer Support
(isp) Tue 09-Jul-13 09:04:18
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Yes, it's not ideal no matter how quickly it can be sorted. It's something else we're pushing for in the business.

Regards,

Matthew Taylor
Plusnet Customer Support
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to