User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User rob54
(committed) Tue 23-Jul-13 21:39:00
Print Post

Just signed up

[link to this post]

Just signed up with Plusnet for ADSL and phone this evening a few hours before the half price BB ends (+£20 Quidco which seemed to track OK).

I chose a username during signup, which works OK in the Member Centre. I see I now seem to have username@plusdsl.net as Broadband username. I didn't set up a plusnet email address during the sign up process, but is that Broadband username it?

I provided the MAC code from o2 that I requested and got today and chose 2 Aug as migration day. I also chose to pay initial payment by DD so that should add the right amount of time for the date I chose.

I'm new to migration, with o2 being by only BB since 2008 so forgive the silly questions, even though I'm far from new here on TBB!

--------------------------------------------------------------
Win XP (SP3) Home, o2 Broadband Standard, Wireless box 5, Avast Free AntiVirus 7.0, Outpost firewall 6.5
Website hosting & Domain name provider - Dream-Hosting
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 23-Jul-13 21:52:55
Print Post

Re: Just signed up

[re: rob54] [link to this post]

My PN email address, (never used), appears to be username@username.plus.com crazy

Don't bank on that 2 August date until you get an email or text telling you what date Openreach has scheduled. My guess is that the available list seems to come from Openreach overnight, so by the time you choose one someone somewhere, on any ISP, may already have got that slot at your exchange.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 51.8/16.8Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User Oldjim
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 23-Jul-13 22:01:57
Print Post

I think the present one is first name@username.plus.com but if you didn't say you wanted one there may not be one set up
But once you have joined you can go the the email setup and add whatever email address you want in the form anyname@username.plus.com

Edited by Oldjim (Tue 23-Jul-13 22:02:25)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User rob54
(committed) Tue 23-Jul-13 22:08:51
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I just didn't want it being either the 31 July or 1 Aug for my own reasons so if its later than that, so be it. Long as it ain't yonks!

Win XP (SP3) Home, o2 Broadband Standard, Wireless box 5, Avast Free AntiVirus 7.0, Outpost firewall 6.5
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 23-Jul-13 22:32:35
Print Post

I dunno!!! tongue tongue

All those people desperate to get FTTC and you want yours scheduled away from your hangover smile.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.

Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User rob54
(committed) Tue 23-Jul-13 23:00:58
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

LOL I wish! On both counts smile
Got hosp appointment 31 July and another appt for something else 1 Aug. You know how it is with hospitals/Drs, never quite know how long they keep you sitting about. I want to be here on the day!

Standard User rob54
(committed) Tue 23-Jul-13 23:03:10
Print Post

OK I know what username@plusdsl.net is now. It's the name used to log on to the router when it comes.

Standard User professor973
(experienced) Tue 23-Jul-13 23:34:36
Print Post

Email addresses with Plusnet are like many things ... totally off the wall! However many email addresses you add, your original one is always tagged onth the end and cannot be hidden.

Zen Home Talk Plus - Freeola Family Broadband.
http://speedtest.net/result/2690543838.png
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 24-Jul-13 00:14:32
Print Post

Not quite. It's the username to get internet connectivity. But if you are going to use the PlusNet supplied TG582n then you don't even do that. It sets itself up automatically.

It comes with a very good little booklet telling you what to do. Plus a "credit card" type card with the wireless connection details and the password to log into the router if you need to.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 24-Jul-13 00:17:30
Print Post

In reply to a post by rob54:
Just signed up with Plusnet for ADSL and phone this evening a few hours before the half price BB ends (+£20 Quidco which seemed to track OK).
Oops?

http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/plusnet/f/4253823-n...

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to